Patient Care Coord (Job Number: 015632)
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Provides new and existing patients with the best possible customer service in relation to their drug prescriptions, clinical services, billing inquiries, patients’ suggestions and complaints.
- Records and processes orders and/or inquiries received by mail, telephone, and/or through patient direct contact.
- Provides timely response to patients’ inquiries by telephone and/or email in an in or outbound service center, consistent with service and quality standards.
- Provides pricing, availability, and schedules information within established guidelines.
- Makes inbound and outbound calls to patients or MD Offices regarding orders for medications, pharmacy services and all other inquiries.
- Coordinates patient care by scheduling orders, communicating information to the patient regarding shipments, assessing supply needs, verifying patient information, notifying the pharmacist of issues or changes in the patient’s condition.
- Provides correct information or directs the call to the appropriate team member or department while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Ensures that good patients’ relations are maintained and patients’ claims and complaints are resolved fairly and effectively.
- Creates patient activities as a reminder for the following tasks including but not limited to follow-up calls for patients, to initiate discharge of patient, to contact a patient's doctor's office, to mail a letter to a patient, and any other reminders necessary as it relates to a patient's care.
- Contacts the pharmacists to alert them of any changes in patient's condition, compliance issues due to patient not taking medication or side effects, or to transfer a patient directly to pharmacist for counseling.
- Completes all additional special handling duties as assigned including but not limited to drug shipment notifications and Adverse Drug Event Reports.
- Provides typed documentation of all communications received from calls and provides notification of any urgent orders, shipping related issues and any errors, complaints or compliments to the appropriate party or system.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Experience in providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience entering data into databases (for example: Microsoft Access).
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills (at least 30 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents, 10-key numeric pad).
- Basic Internet Explorer skills experience to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online.
- Basic level PC skills experience (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc.).
- At least 1 year of experience in call centers.
- At least 1 year of experience in healthcare or pharmacy setting.
- Pharmacy Technician License or Certification preferred unless required by state as granted by the state Board of Pharmacy or nationally recognized certification agency.