Supervisor (Call Center) (Job Number: 014597)
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for serving as the leader and facilitator for the customer service work team in a supervisory capacity, ensuring that customer service inquiries are handled to the satisfaction of the customer. Communicates phone, email, fax, or regular mail with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products or services to resolve customer complaints or issues. Functions as the initial point of customer contact for a wide variety of matters ranging from routine questions to complex issue resolution. Assigns, monitors, and reviews the day-to-day work of Customer Service Representatives and provides technical guidance.
Ensures all matters are routed to the appropriate party or resolved.
- Resolves intermediate to complex questions or problems that reflect substantial variety and detail. Serves as a resource for lower level representatives.
- Coordinates the day-to-day activities of Customer Service Representatives receiving incoming telephone calls. Intercedes on incoming telephone calls with difficulty customers and/or requiring in-depth knowledge of the organization’s products/services.
- Serves as first escalation point for problem resolution. Anticipates customer needs and proactively identifies solutions. Seeks guidance from managerial staff only for the most complex and critical or escalated questions or problems.
- Provides technical guidance on more complex issues; plans, prioritizes, organizes and completes work to meet established objectives.
- Monitors trends and notifies manager of re-occurring or high priority issues. Monitors service calls to observe employee demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to company policies. Answers questions and recommends corrective services to address customer complaints.
- Supervises daily call monitoring to provide feedback and coaching of team members according to quality standards. Supervises operations of all Customer Care Representatives for scheduled shift, reporting necessary issues or concerns.
- Develops the members of their customer service team and delivers performance results to Customer Care Representatives.
- Maintains records of customer interactions, records details, complaints, comments, and action taken. Contacts customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of investigation results and planned adjustments.
- Maintains and improves performance of department through building employee morale, motivating employees, and using constructive coaching/discipline policies of organization.
- Continues to look for ways to improve current process with enhancements and ideas. Identifies areas where additional development is required and makes recommendations to management on how to achieve necessary results.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
High School Diploma or GED and at least 3 years of experience in a contact center OR a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 year of experience in a contact center.
Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Basic Internet Explorer and email skills (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
Intermediate level keyboarding skills (at least 30 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents, 10-key numeric pad).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
Pharmacy Technician Certification granted by the state in which practice is conducted (Only Needed for Clinical Call Centers).
Bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
At least 1 year of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.