Responsible for the day-to-day function of the team at a Centralized Services facility. In charge of training, coaching and providing feedback and recognition to team members and keeps management informed of issues. Supervises departmental work activities, staffing, and scheduling to achieve business objectives. Maintains and improves performance of department through building team member morale, motivating team members, and using constructive coaching/discipline policies of the organization.
About Walgreens and WBAWalgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in communities nationwide.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local pharmacy laws, as well as company and facility policies. Oversees necessasry security protocols to ensure protection of patient privacy in line with the company’s HIPAA guidelines. Responsible for maintaining all records and following the laws and regulations regarding the pharmacy practice. Reviews pharmacist licensure and pharmacy technician registration status and renewals.
- Serves as the Pharmacist in Charge (PIC) as required by facility. Maintains Pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy.
- Responsible for leadership duties such as conducting one-on-one and/or team meetings, time and attendance tracking, providing feedback to employees, employee scheduling, writing and delivering performance reviews, counseling, interviewing, developing employees, and performance improvement plans.
- Responsible for managing daily operations of designated team and the supervision of team members. Ensures processing of work orders and adherence with established quality and deadline requirements.
- Maintains records of customer interactions, records details, complaints, comments, and action taken. Contacts customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of investigation results and planned adjustments. Resolves escalated issues.
- Responsible for facilitating continuous improvement to reach team goals. Looks for ways to improve current processes with enhancements and ideas. Identifies areas where additional development is required and makes recommendations to management on how to achieve necessary results.
- Completes continuing education credits towards pharmacy licensure to maintain current status.
- Acts as an agent of the company by projecting a positive attitude, enthusiasm, team spirit and integrity in order to motivate the team, creating a positive work environment, and reaching and exceeding department goals.