Southwire Company, one the nation's largest distributers of wire and cable, delivers power to millions of people worldwide. Southwire Company partners with Walgreens and Premise Health to provide convenient, integrated, high-quality healthcare to Southwire's 12,000 members nationwide. This partnership delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of diverse member populations, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Our organization offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Full Time Pharmacist with strong clinical skills
to join our team in Carrollton, GA. We are seeking a full-time, residency trained pharmacist to join our team. Our pharmacy is embedded in a health center that provides primary care for local members, while also providing pharmacy services on a national level.Job Responsibilities
Training and Personal Development
- Medication management to include collecting medical and medication histories from patients, comprehensive medication review, medication monitoring, and provider outreach to relay recommendations for adjustments to drug therapy when necessary.
- Education and Behavioral Counseling to provide patient specific education and recognized wellness coaching processes to promote behavior modification. Sessions are typically one on one through face-face interaction or virtual meetings. Group meetings may also be provided.
- Preventive care services to include risk assessments and screenings for CLIA-waived tests, such as cholesterol, glycated hemoglobin measurements, and associated labs as defined by collaborative practice agreements and state regulations.
- Preceptor for pharmacy students and residents.
- Participation in outreach events for patient engagement and residency recruitment.
- Improves prescription numbers, pharmacy sales, profit, and image through the accurate filling of prescriptions, and by providing courteous and efficient service to customers inclusive of patients, prescribers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers, and health systems.
- Reports prescription errors immediately and adheres to Company policies and procedures relating to prescription incidents and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Complies with all federal and state laws and regulations and Company policies governing all drugs and products; maintains required records, documentation, and reports.
- Recommends and implements asset protection controls and procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
- Improves and maintains pharmacy department housekeeping, maintenance, and appearance for the safety, health, and well-being of customers and employees, and ensures adherence to applicable government regulations and laws.
- Assures proper operation and maintenance of pharmacy department systems and equipment.
- Maintains awareness of third-party pharmacy business opportunities and assures proper administration and implementation of third-party pharmacy systems and procedures to lessen payment rejections.
- Adheres to Company buying procedures, recommends and orders merchandise from proper internal and external sources.
- Audits own performance and recommends own objectives and standards of performance.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the pharmacy, health care, and retail management fields that relate to job responsibilities, and integrates them into own practices.
- Maintains a WellCoaches coaching certificate, a coaching certificate from an ICF-accredited program, or equivalent advanced training in Motivation and Leading change or willingness to obtain
- At least 1 year of experience in Disease State Management or 2 years of clinical experience or acceptable board certification, or completion of an accredited clinical residency program, or demonstrated ability to achieve positive patient outcomes in a similar environment.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of member satisfaction.
- Experience in developing and implementing education programs for clinicians and lay persons.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and training staff: experience in counseling/teaching in one on one or small groups.
- Preferred experience in health promotion and/or worksite wellness.
- Preferred experience with electronic medical records.
- Preferred experience with tracking data, processing information, and generating reports
- Maintains and develops good working relationships with physicians and other health professionals and stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse patient groups; ability to speak Spanish.