A software engineer is a computer science professional who is responsible for the development of information systems, designing and building computer systems software and applications software. They often prefer to call themselves as a software developer or computer programmer. They have substantial knowledge of programming languages, software development, and computer operating systems, and other technologies. They use these to turn a plan into a final output. They can create a design, test, and develop software based on the needs of their clients.Job Responsibilities
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veteransAbout Walgreens Boots AllianceWalgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Writes code that meets specifications. Develops software applications and tools.
- Completes programming and performs testing and debugging applications
- Develops software applications and tools using Agile development methodologies.
- Participates actively in the design, architecture and build phases, to aim at producing high quality deliverables, working with existing architects where appropriate.
- Participates in the evaluation of compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features. Develops professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Usually works with some supervision, conferring with superiors on unusual or complex matters
- Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of the professional function.
- Has working knowledge of programming languages important to the organization
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur. Has working knowledge of programming languages important to the organization.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Acts as individual contributor as well as team member
- Utilizes experience in order to identify problematic relationships.
- Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
An employee in this position can expect a salary between $71,175 and $181,920 plus bonus pursuant to the terms of any bonus plan, if applicable, will depend on experience, seniority, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. To review benefits, please click here jobs.walgreens.com/benefits.