As part of the Walgreens Advertising Group media execution team, the Specialist, CRM, and Email Marketing will play a key role in supporting email and direct mail campaign activation. This individual will have responsibility for building email and direct mail channel initiatives under the supervision of the Manager, CRM, and Email Marketing. The Specialist, CRM, and Email Marketing will be hands-on in all components, from planning to set up and launch of the programs.
The Specialist, CRM, and Email Marketing will be responsible for implementing an audience selection strategy for each marketing initiative provided and extracting recommended audience from the marketing database using a campaign management tool and striving to continuously improve the email and direct channel experiences by optimizing the approach and programs to drive marketing outcomes in line with customer expectations. The Specialist will be responsible for assisting with performance recaps and reporting and will collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Ad Ops, Account Management, and Measurement.
- Performs and implements daily operational activities that impact discrete components/processes of the specified Customer Loyalty and Insights work function, and may include responsibilities in the area of vendor collaboration, pharmacy insights, customer insights, pricing and promotion and/or consumer research such as:
- Creating deep dive analyses to study key area trends.
- Participating in the development and enhancement of standard initiatives to optimize consumer awareness, market share, and overall efficiencies and support specified work function initiatives.
- Participating in the development of new programs and enhancing current programs to meet performance goals.
- Running ad-hoc analyses to identify and recommend innovative options to strengthen business strategy.
- Performing research to identify industry trends and best practices.
- Evaluating key area trends and developing/implementing innovative programs/improvements.
- Analyzing performance against departmental goals.
- Participating in monitoring departmental strategies and objectives.
- Identifies and determines likely reasons for problematic causes. Prepares accurate documentation and communication to effectively facilitate the elimination of problems/roadblocks as they occur and create efficient fixes.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to accomplish activities. Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Constructively challenges current methods to identify areas of improvement and deliver improved results.
- Participates in and contributes to departmental meetings by adding relevant input to assist in driving program results.
- Works on small projects and may lead some project work streams, as necessary. Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties. Ensures assigned initiatives are completed within budget and on time to meet business units’ needs.
- Works to develop knowledge and understanding of the area of responsibility.