This position supports the Senior Program manager with all internal business owners requiring deployment of Non-Retail Construction assets inclusive of Class A office space, micro-fulfillment centers, call centers, distribution centers and regional and area offices across the country. Responsibilities will include organizing teams, identifying risks and issues, and reporting on status to department leadership and other stakeholders. Role will be responsible for all aspects of designated projects or programs, including control of scope, end to end schedule and budget. Also responsible for overseeing actions of external consultants and trade partners providing program support at the site level.Job Responsibilities
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veteransAbout Walgreens Boots AllianceWalgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Works on either multi-location store retail project or program, such as fixture installations, content additions, store remodels and store refreshes, etc. site upgrades – or – leads similarly scoped systems and software related projects. Understands implications of choices and is able to guide clients to the best solution for their situation.
- Ensures all key stakeholders are informed on project or program status, issues, risks and program needs.
- Identifies needs and evaluates alternative business solutions. Recommends ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships. Is responsible for communication on project or program health to business owner and stakeholders.
- Organizes overall coordination of internal and external stakeholders project or program plan including quality control, and lessons learned activities. Ensures project work plans are appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Maintains sound project administration practices/procedures to minimize customer and business impact during hours of operation. Maintains safe and high quality construction practices and looks for and implements continuous improvement practices for future projects or programs.
- Ensures project or program are within budget and financials. Ensures resources/budgets are available to meet stakeholder needs for planned projects and holds team members accountable for individual team budgets.
- Oversees and coordinates project close out activity in a timely fashion.
- Identifies areas of risk and recommends ways to minimize or mitigate. Assists the program team to effectively manage changes with the execution team.
- Reviews, oversees and ensures adherence to project management methodology and Walgreens’ project standards.
- Ensures team members are utilizing communication tools, such as online project management, to keep stakeholders up to date, and provide visibility to program health. Assist in the development of tracking tools necessary to meet the changing needs of the programs.
- Oversees multiple external consultants working on engagements within area. Ensures team members are well informed and promptly notified of changes and info within company potentially affecting program(s).
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of program, project and/or implementation management experience OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 5 years program, project and/or implementation management experience.
- Master’s degree or an MBA
- Experience managing programs in a corporation with sales of <$ 5bil.
- Certification as a Project Manager as granted by PMI.
- Ability read and understand architectural, civil and MEP drawings with knowledge of construction costs and entitlement processes.
An employee in this position can expect a salary/hourly rate between $57,225 and $146,640 plus bonus pursuant to the terms of any bonus plan, if applicable, will depend on experience, seniority, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. To review benefits, please click here jobs.walgreens.com/benefits
. Walgreens will provide applicants in other states with information related to the positions, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling 1-866-967-5492.