Director of Procurement, IT
Address: 106 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL,60015-05123-01106-2Job ID 979969BR
Join our talented procurement team members and challenge the status quo. We’re leading critical change management initiatives, navigating business transformations and enabling sustainable innovations. The work you do will translate into greater efficiencies and cost reductions, reimagining our global processes and lifting up our entire organization.
What makes a great procurement team member at Walgreens? We’re always looking for that special something – those qualities that set a Walgreens team member apart from the rest. Take a look and see how you match up.
- Relationship expertise
Director of Procurement, ITJob ID 979969BR
. At Walgreens Boots Alliance, the Director of Procurement Technology develops, directs and executes global category strategies for a combination of IT subcategories. If you join, you will have the opportunity to lead mega deals, manage multi-year strategic supplier relationships, and collaborate with senior IT partners. You will lead a strategic procurement team to drive best total value, mitigate risks, and deliver significant business impact. Bring your commercial savviness, curious mindset, and inspirational leadership skills to WBA!
- Plans, develops and implements business plans and budgets, including long-range objectives, performance goals and metrics for each category. Collaborates with Operations, Legal, Supply Chain and other customers as needed to champion cross-functional sourcing initiatives. Understands category specific (store and pharmacy operations) principles and value of analytics.
- Provides continuous leadership, oversight of work quality and constructive feedback to direct reports.
- Communicates Company, department and individual performance goals and levels of goal achievement.
- Recruits, hires and trains a qualified and talented team of employees.
- Supervises and approves the planning process with Category Managers in developing and recommending sourcing solutions, channels for distribution and execution of best practices for the assigned categories.
- Applies complex analytics to enable optimized cost savings and ensure an adequate supply chain.
- Creates collaborative business plans with strategic vendors and negotiates strategies and programs. Oversees that Category Managers develop and maintain positive vendor relationships. Approves Category Manager vendor contract negotiations, guaranteeing the attainment of the most advantageous pricing, terms, discounts, allowances, quality, delivery, service and dating (where applicable). Ensures all goods and services meet established standards. Addresses business unit complaints, requests, and questions and resolves within guidelines.
- Assures proper analysis and application of internal and external industry specific research information, to determine Company direction in designated categories, reasons for pricing increases/decreases, and develops risk mitigation strategies.
- Directly manages complex global negotiations with suppliers that require a detailed strategic plan and have a direct correlation with Walgreens operational needs goals.
- Manages the development of procedures to ensure goods and services are available to business units and maintain sufficient inventory levels and/or supply chain to support all events.
- Drives to execute divisional benefits and/or cost savings goals and targets. Assures the appropriate use of Corporate capital.
- Ensures positive vendor relationships are maintained; monitors supplier’s performance and holds supplier accountable for the adherence to Walgreen policies, procedures and appropriate service levels.
- Supports the talent development of inter-divisional team members and the overall development of cross-functional teams. Collaborates with analysts, associate category managers, and category managers.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years of experience in category management strategies for a retailer, wholesaler, or a services company.
- At least 7 years of experience applying strategic sourcing practices focused on meeting the business challenges and needs of the organization.
- At least 5 years’ experience developing and implementing requirements to execute strategic sourcing activities.
- Experience with business alignment and global sourcing.
- Experience in new business development of global partnerships.
- Leadership experience in synergizing global partnerships.
- Experience with conducting and guiding analysis for industry potential evaluation.
- Knowledge of the strategic sourcing, procurement lifecycle and procurement best practices and methods.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Experience interacting with senior level executives.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- MBA or other advanced degree or CPM certification
- Experience in IT Services, IT Infrastructure and/or IT Software
- IT category management strategies for an organization with sales in excess of $5B.
- Experience in managing category spends in excess of $1B.
- An employee in this position can expect a salary/hourly rate between $98,100 and $267,000 plus bonus pursuant to the terms of any bonus plan if applicable. The actual salary will depend on experience, seniority, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. To review benefits, please click here jobs.walgreens.com/benefits.