Senior Category Manager, Procurement - Technology
Address: 104 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL,60015-05121-01104-2Job ID 1337580BR
Join our talented procurement team members and challenge the status quo. We’re leading critical change management initiatives, navigating business transformations and enabling sustainable innovations. The work you do will translate into greater efficiencies and cost reductions, reimagining our global processes and lifting up our entire organization.
What makes a great procurement team member at Walgreens? We’re always looking for that special something – those qualities that set a Walgreens team member apart from the rest. Take a look and see how you match up.
- Relationship expertise
Senior Category Manager, Procurement - TechnologyJob ID 1337580BR
Are you a courageous problem solver who enjoys connecting with and challenging your stakeholders to deliver meaningful business contributions? Do you have experience delivering impactful top-line and bottom-line results across an indirect procurement category such as IT, Logistics, Marketing, Professional Services, Property, Supply Chain, or others? Curious about business and healthcare transformation? If yes, Goods Not For Resale Procurement (“GNFR”) at Walgreens Boots Alliance is looking for you.
Category Managers on our team create and execute holistic procurement strategies from initial identification through financial statements impact aligning with the Company goals for growing our core and developing new growth engines. We collaborate with business partners, manage supplier relationships, and negotiate and coordinate contracts to assure best total value. We are committed to total cost of ownership and end-to-end business impact. We are responsible for consulting with subject matter experts to develop alternative solutions, advising on options, mitigating risks, and maximizing impact. Managers will have oversight of work quality and constructive feedback to direct and indirect reports, where applicable.
This role will have and requires:
- Primary category management on IT Software, may include support for IT Services and IT Infrastructure / Hardware as well.
- Specific IT Software commercial knowledge in support of large, complex software deals - developing and recommending sourcing solutions and execution of best practices for the assigned categories / contracts.
- Directs and executes strategic sourcing strategies, best practices, and initiatives that supportaggressive improvements in supplier quality, total cost effectiveness, enhanced service levels,improved coordination, delivery, pricing, lead-times, payment, risk compliance and other areas asidentified.
- Executes category sourcing strategies including development and execution of RFI’s and RFP’s,documents bid events through correspondence to suppliers; develops selection criteria and drives theselection of suppliers in collaboration with a cross-functional teams; conducts supplier negotiationsand ongoing supplier management.
- Actively seeks ways to streamline business processes; researches and provides information onindustry category trends and best practices. Provides procurement input to maximize procurement leverage, optimizes project design and minimizes project durations and cost.
- Develops negotiation strategies, gains alignment from stakeholders, leads cross-functional, category-based negotiation teams, and implements appropriate supplier risk analysis. Directly negotiates with suppliers that require a detailed strategic plan and have a direct correlation with Walgreensoperational needs and goals.
- Uses current spend information/data and business knowledge to identify sourcing projects forindividual subcategories and develops an overall cost reduction plan. Demonstrates a comprehensiveunderstanding of business requirements and category ownership by creating and defending categorystrategies and decisions with sound analytics. Delegates analytic tasks to key support functions; andsynthesizes results.
- Develops supplier score card to measure supplier performance against agreed upon key performanceindicators, tracks compliance and supports formal management reporting to director and othermembers of senior management. Benchmark, track, and analyze annual performance metrics andsourcing trends against budget on a monthly basis to demonstrate continuous improvement andprogress against strategic objectives. Implement supplier management programs with key suppliersincluding metrics, performance goals, and improvement initiatives.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure that delivery dates and technical and contractualrequirements are met. Participates in strategic meetings with suppliers and business leaders to ensureexecution of defined strategies. Manages day-to-day on-going category supplier relations and seeksout growth or revision opportunities within supply base. Acts as the internal point of contact forsupplier management and complaint resolution; conducts regular supplier meetings and implementsimprovement strategies with suppliers. Creates, nurtures, and enhances supplier relationships.
- Aggressively manages category performance by adhering to internal Savings goals and reviewingfinancial models for commodity type items. Ensures spend portfolio for reoccurring managed spend isbalanced through coordinated sourcing waves and leveraged with Capital project sourcing activities.
- Drives consolidation of spend and seeks out synergies across Business Units where applicable, byforming and leading cross-functional strategic sourcing teams to develop and implementcategory/commodity strategies and to drive cost from individual spend sub-categories. Champions weekly category review meetings with cross-functional teams to manage category performance. #LI-NL1
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170 year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high quality products and services in communities nationwide.
The actual salary an employee can expect to receive, plus bonus pursuant to the terms of any bonus plan if applicable, will depend on experience, seniority, geographic location, and other factors permitted by law. To review benefits, please visit jobs.walgreens.com/benefits.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans".
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years of procurement, retail, catalog, finance and/or banking experience OR Master’s degree and at least 2 years of indirect procurement experience OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in procurement, retail, catalog, finance and/or banking.
- Experience working with business and/or procurement lifecycles and best practices.
- Experience in negotiations and developing/executing on strategies.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience managing people, projects and/or cross functional teams.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA or other advanced degree or CPM certification.
- At least 5 years of experience in negotiating deals.
- Experience in IT Software Procurement desired.
- Highly skilled in commercial strategy in IT Services or IT Infrastructure/Hardware desired
Salary Range $111000 - $188700 / Salaried