Distribution Center Intern
Address: 17500 PERRIS BLVD,MORENO VALLEY,CA,92551-09547-00012-WJob ID 1091413BR
The Intern, Supply Chain Operations is responsible for providing support to the management team within the Distribution Center (DC) by rotating through all DC Operation functions. Assists in projects related to initiatives specific to the DC they are supporting, while ensuring all deadlines and deliverables are met. Assists in the development and implementation of DC programs.
- Rotates through all functions of the DC Operation such as Warehouse Operations, Transportation, Industrial Engineering, HR, Mission Control and Store Unload.
- May lead smaller projects under the direction of DC management. Provides updates, escalates issues, and makes improvement recommendations to management.
- Responsible for keeping track of project(s) progression and ensuring those deadlines are communicated to the project team.
- Participates in the overall Lean Six Sigma Process through events such as Kaizen and 5S events through providing administrative support during Kaizen events by updating reports and bulletin boards, following up on SPIN process and report out presentations.
- Responsible for performing General Warehouse functions in the DC.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in logistics, operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering or business management/administration with 1 to 2 semesters remaining.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management.
- Willing and able to carry up to 30 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary in a professional or classroom environment.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community, with vendors, and/or classroom environment.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Willing to relocate for opportunities within the US.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering or business management/administration AND/OR currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program in logistics, operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering or business management/administration
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma concepts
- Experience with project management.
- An employee in this position can expect a salary/hourly rate between $16.49 and $24.81 plus bonus pursuant to the terms of any bonus plan, if applicable. The actual compensation offered will depend on experience, seniority, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. To review benefits, please click here jobs.walgreens.com/benefits.
Explore this locationCheck it out
Sign up for job alerts
Find in-store jobs by location
New opportunities for current team members
No saved jobs.
No recently viewed jobs.