Responsible for daily coordination, dispatching and performs administrative functions that support drivers, stores, vendors and Supply Chain providing world class service to a large number of stores. In partnership with 3rd party vendors and internal business partners, will ensure compliance with all applicable regulations (DOT, etc.)
Works under general supervision and exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Analyzes and reports on the impact of current or proposed solutions.Job Responsibilities
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veteransAbout Walgreens Boots AllianceWalgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Responsible for daily coordination, assignments of drivers and equipment using dispatch software. Enters, tracks, completes and audits driver daily assignments, hours, and mileage for daily/weekly payroll. Performs moderately complex analysis of information, problems, and/or data under general supervision. Makes recommendations for the review of more senior staff members.
- Executes on backhaul program, daily tendering of backhaul opportunities, scheduling driver’s daily backhaul assignments, planning and communication with vendors for appointments to pick up backhauls. Scheduling inbound backhaul appointments to distribution center.
- Enhances product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect supply chain, distribution, and transportation which include performing daily tasks using dispatch software, AS400, and On Board Truck computers, schedules trailer assignments for the loading dock, schedules and coordinates equipment for preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Evaluates external customer service needs and/or field service commitments to ensure customer requirements and commitments are met. Support drivers during unforeseen events including but not limited to breakdowns, accident, and weather delays. In charge of accident reporting, uses on line tools to enter accident claims.
- Creates and analyzes basic reports to support business execution. Develops business tools and maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models. Responsible for simple ad hoc queries and maintains a variety of reports specific to various functional or departmental needs.
- Under direct supervision, analyzes information to solve problems and develop simple or low risk logistical plans that affect production, supply chain services, material handling, inventory control, critical parts availability, import/export licensing, shipment and distribution, or third party warehousing.
- This position works within a team to perform parts of a project. The position creates and analyzes basic reports to support business execution.
- Builds productive internal and/or external working relationships to work collaboratively.
- Working under close direction on assignments of limited scope and complexity, the position analyzes and applies policies, procedures, compliance requirements, and integrated systems and techniques to support Supply Chain and Logistics operations and related functions.
- Communicates and intervenes as appropriate with distribution center and store operations delivery time changes due to unforeseen delays through phone, email, and Walgreens internal online system updates (SSDT). Ensures a high level of customer service.