Address: 1155 F STREET NW,STE 975,WASHINGTON,DC,20004-01347-15953-SJob ID 916377BR
That’s the great thing about a career at Walgreens. You get to bring health and happiness to people’s lives. As a shift lead, we’re counting on you to help lead the way. You’ll be right in the middle of the action as a rock-solid point person between management and team members. It’s a big responsibility with an even bigger impact – on customers and on your future. So every time you walk our aisles, you’re moving in a positive direction.
Shifts: Full-time or part-time, Weekends, Days, Nights
Job Level: Entry-level
What makes a great shift lead at Walgreens? We’re always looking for that special something – those qualities that set a Walgreens team member apart from the rest. Take a look and see how you match up.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Shift LeadJob ID 916377BR
Opens and closes the store in the absence of store management, including all required systems startups, required cash handling, and ensuring the floor and stock room are ready for the business day. Responsible for opening back door of store for deliveries. Completes product returns, order voids, customer refunds, cash drops to the safe, and provides change as requested to cash registers. Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver adistinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting,eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively,identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Responsible for holding store keys to open and close without management as necessary.
- Assists with and coaches other team members to work with warehouse and vendor orderingprocess as the orders are created, reviewed, and received, including opening the backdoor forvendor deliveries.
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash register,including records of scanning errors, price verifications, items not on file, price modifications,and voids.
- Assists manager or assistant store manager in reviewing order exceptions on order releaseday and assists in reverse logistics (e.g., 1506, returns, empty package).
- Assists manager or assistant store manager in evaluating and developing displays, includingpromotional, seasonal, super structures, and sale merchandise. Completes resets andrevisions.
- Maintains accurate inventory counts; maintains the accuracy of on-hand quantities including,but not limited to, basic departments, stockroom, and overstock locations.
- Assist with ensuring the Outdate program is followed with team members.
- Responsible for basic department pricing and making daily price changes; ensures propersignage is displayed at the store to support accurate pricing of products. Ensures anyadditional pricing tasks related to local regulations and/or regulatory compliance programsare completed accurately and within the required time frame.
- Assist with bookkeeping activities, including cash report, cash counts, ledgers, and billpayment as necessary or as requested.
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring clean, neat, orderly store conditionand appearance, including requesting store or system repairs as required in managerabsence, or as requested by manager.
- Assists with separation of food items (e.g., raw foods from pre-cooked) and productplacement as specified by policies/procedures (e.g., raw and frozen meats on bottomshelves). For consumable items, assists in stock rotation, using the first in, first out methodand restock outs.
- Supports execution of Pickup program.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store equipment.
- Assist at Pharmacy out window as requested in states where allowed without licensure,certifcation, or registration, or have met the requirements for licensure, certification orregistration by state Boards of Pharmacy in states that require such.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products (e.g., alcoholicbeverages and tobacco products).
- Responsible for bag checks of team members before leaving the store.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships withcoworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager.
- Serves as a liaison between management and non-management team members bycommunicating assigned tasks to team members when store management is not present.
- Reports disciplinary issues and customer complaints to management.
- One year of prior leadership, supervisory, or retail key holder work experience.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
- Willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.
- Obtains and maintains valid PTCB or ExCPT certification or pharmacy license as required by state.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Please review the available benefits and salary available for this position by clicking here: jobs.walgreens.com/benefits. Walgreens will provide applicants in other states with information related to the position, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling 1-866-967-5492.