Senior Director Procurement
Address: 106 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL,60015-05123-01106-2Job ID 956416BR
Join our talented procurement team members and challenge the status quo. We’re leading critical change management initiatives, navigating business transformations and enabling sustainable innovations. The work you do will translate into greater efficiencies and cost reductions, reimagining our global processes and lifting up our entire organization.
What makes a great procurement team member at Walgreens? We’re always looking for that special something – those qualities that set a Walgreens team member apart from the rest. Take a look and see how you match up.
- Relationship expertise
Senior Director ProcurementJob ID 956416BR
Are you a courageous problem solver who enjoys connecting with and challenging your stakeholders to deliver meaningful business contributions? Do you have experience delivering impactful top-line and bottom-line results across myriad indirect procurement categories? Are you looking to gain new experiences across procurement categories like Healthcare, Property, Supply Chain, Professional Services, Marketing and others? If yes, WBA Procurement is looking for you!
We are searching for a Senior Director Procurement responsible for leading a team of Directors and Category Managers for Property, Supply Chain and Logistics Procurement. We collaborate with business partners, engage with senior leadership, manage supplier relationships, and negotiate and coordinate contracts to assure best total value. We consult with subject matter experts to develop alternative solutions, advising on options, mitigating risks, and maximizing impact. We are committed to total cost of ownership and end-to-end business impact as we develop sourcing strategies.
- Creates collaborative business plans with strategic vendors, develops negotiating strategies, and directs the execution of strategic programs. Provides direction and oversees that Directors and Category Managers develop and maintain positive vendor relationships. Approves Director and Category Manager vendor contract negotiations, guaranteeing the attainment of the most advantageous pricing, terms, discounts, allowances, quality, delivery, service and dating (where applicable). Ensures all goods and services meet established standards and legal requirements. Addresses business unit concerns / issues, requests, and questions and resolves within legal/tax and corporate guidelines. Establishes and maintains the sourcing strategy for the enterprise including supply chain strategies and metrics for indirect goods.
- Directs and approves the planning process with Directors and Category Managers in developing and recommending sourcing solutions, channels for distribution, and execution of best practices for the assigned categories. Applies analytics to enable optimized cost savings and ensures an adequate supply chain supply.
- Establishes inventory/ replenishment metrics and builds logistical solutions for the deployment of indirect goods enterprise wide.
- Plans, develops, directs, and implements complex business strategies through the establishment of short/long-range objectives, change management, performance goals, and metrics for each spend category. Collaborates with Operations, Legal, Supply Chain, Tax, Finance, the Business Units, and other customers as needed to champion enterprise wide cross-functional sourcing initiatives. Understands category specific details and store/pharmacy operational principles and produces analytics that contributes to the formation of budgets and effective P&L management by the business unit.
- Directs and executes budgetary cost reduction programs and initiatives that facilitate business owners achieving their business unit goals and financial targets. Assures the appropriate use of capital and financial resources.
- Generates analytics to support these positions.
- Directly manages complex negotiations with key suppliers that require a detailed strategic plan and that have a direct correlation with Corporate operational needs and/or goals. Decision maker and subject matter expert for risk management allowances, terms/conditions, pricing, transportation, pricing and quality control/acceptance.
- Manages the development of policies/procedures to ensure goods and services are available to business units and maintains sufficient inventory levels and/or supply chain availability to support all events to avoid negative budgetary/ P&L impacts. Directs and leads the implementation, management, and development of consistent departmental sourcing activities and automated ordering systems. Develops risk mitigation strategies for key indirect goods.
- Supports the talent development of inter-departmental team members and the overall development of cross-functional teams. Collaborates with Directors, Category Managers, and Associate Category Managers. Sets the example and conducts training sessions for negotiations, financial reviews, business analytics and general management. Establishes and trains staff on methodologies for change management, contract reviews and inventory control.
- Provides continuous leadership to business units to assist in the achievement of their goals and the overall corporate strategies/targets. Consults and advises business unit senior leadership teams/executives on the impact of procurement activities on projects, budgets, and select sourced retail goods.
- Assures proper analysis and application of internal and external industry specific research information, to determine Company direction in designated categories, reasons for pricing increases and/or decreases.
- Conducts benchmarking, financial and business analytics for long range pricing and buy rationalizations.
- Collaborates with the departmental DVP for resource allocation, budgetary control, staff development and sets enterprise wide sourcing plans to effectively assist in the attainment of the company’s P&L. Part of the DVPs senior leadership team and directs department in conjunction or absence of the departmental DVP.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience in developing targets, leading change management and developing strategic sourcing strategies for more than one acquisition category for a retailer, wholesaler, manufacturer, or a services company with annual sales in excess of $5 billion.
- Experiences in managing category spend in excess of $1B across multiple acquisition categories.
- At least 10 years’ experience applying procurement practices/strategies focused on meeting the business challenges, P&L needs, and the needs of the organization with a minimum of 7 years’ experience developing and implementing requirements/change management methodologies to execute strategic sourcing activities.
- At least 5 years’ experience developing and implementing requirements to execute and enhance day to day sourcing activities. Must have budgetary management experience and/or P&L management experience.
- Knowledge of the strategic sourcing procurement lifecycle and procurement best practices and methods.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Experience interacting, collaborating and presenting to senior level executives.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns)
- At least 5 years’ experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 5 years’ experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel for business purposes (within state and out of state and internationally).
- MBA or other advanced degree or CPM certification
- Experience in Walgreen Retail