The HR Information Systems Analyst is a member of the HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) team within the Shared Services division of Human Resources. Partners with areas such as HR, IT, Finance, and Payroll to support/enhance core HR systems, data analysis and reporting, while managing ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects to meet deadlines. Provides end user support for functional and process related issues, makes recommendations on process and system improvements, and works with business /IT to documents requirements for projects and enhancements.
Responsible for generating standard queries and reports and analysis of employee-related data. Consults with business users to understand data and reporting needs. Through trend analysis, makes recommendations and identifies opportunities for improvement to HR functional areas.Job Responsibilities
- Performs systems configuration support, coordination, and maintenance of systems functionality. Prepares user test plans and communicates them. Incumbent may be responsible for specific and/or multiple HR application.
- Provides support to end-users through system configuration and recommendations to enhance user experience. Researches and approves systems access based on security protocols and guidelines.
- Guides troubleshooting of system and coordinates implementation and releases.
- Executes test scripts for testing of new data elements and releases; documents and analyzes test results.
- Develop system and process documentation to support the communication of any new process or implementation and to support user training.
- Works with appropriate parties within HR, IT, Finance, Payroll and other relevant departments to help deliver robust and well-supported data integration’s between relevant systems.
- Performs routine data quality checks to identify data problems and reports these to HRIS Management.
- Consults with end users on basic to mid-level reporting solutions. Determines how data can be used to support client reporting needs and business decisions.
- Schedules, designs and executes standard and ad-hoc reports to retrieve data from multiple sources and systems. Works with Business intelligence tool and/or Microsoft Excel or Access to perform specialized formatting, analysis and processing of reports.
- Partners with areas such as HR, IT, Finance, and Payroll to ensure data quality, and usefulness of standard and ad-hoc reports in comparison with requests. Documents explanations of data and implications of data analyses to users expressing and interpreting technical terminology to non-technical customers.
- Analyzes and compares historical HR data from multiple systems and makes recommendations to appropriate stakeholders. Creates, prepares and presents various reports to upper management and department on HR division data, trends and results.
- Provide support on projects and may lead and implement a segment of a larger HRIS project including testing and documentation. Coordinates project team activities/tasks.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.