Supports the Manager, Insurable Risk in the U.S. and the Insurable Risk team in the U.K. to provide risk management and property/casualty insurance subject matter expertise as needed, including but not limited to the administration of all insurance programs and risk management initiatives; responds to internal and external customers in the areas of certificates of insurance, surety bond requests, contractual risk transfer and the maintenance of the insurance website. Works collaboratively with insurance brokers to maintain effective and efficient operations of programs. Job Responsibilities
- Gathers and analyzes exposure data and prepares underwriting submissions for all lines of property and casualty insurance for WBA worldwide.
- Enrolls pharmacists in the state of LA Patient Compensation fund.
- Reviews contracts with vendors, suppliers, landlords and other third parties and make recommendations regarding insurance and indemnification language based upon risks transferred or assumed and the terms of our insured and self-insured risk financing programs.
- Supervises the outgoing certificate of insurance process including providing evidence of coverage for healthcare providers for credentialing purposes. Reviews incoming certificates on an as-needed basis.
- Ensures accurate and timely delivery of exposure data, quotes, binders, policies and outstanding items on a monthly basis through collaborative work with insurance brokers and other service providers.
- Provides ad hoc reports such as insurance schedules, risk analyses, whitepapers, as requested.
- Supports and maintains the WBA Insurable Risk Intranet Site.
- Manages the U.S. surety bond portfolio.
- Reviews insurance policies for accuracy and completeness. Follow up for endorsements and maintain paper and electronic copies of all policies.
- May coach or supervise more junior team members.
- Completes special projects as directed.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com and VisionDirect.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.