Regional Account Manager - Specialty Pharmacy- Dallas MarketJob ID 469507BR Location 6611 N BELT LINE RD , IRVING, TX Apply
Responsible for the promotion of Walgreens specialty pharmacy services to targeted physicians, nurses, practice managers and other referral sources in an assigned territory. Works with customers to support and understand their overall business goals and critical success factors. Establishes and utilizes professional relationships, internally and externally, to generate support for key initiatives, challenges and opportunities within the territory. Develops and implements strategies and tactics to consistently meet or exceed quarterly sales goals. Works across highly matrixed field organization including, but not limited to, store operations, managed markets sales, government affairs, etc…
•Business Acumen – Demonstrates the analytical, marketplace, and clinical knowledge and skills required for the development of strategies to grow revenues. Exhibits strong technical proficiency in terms of the specialty pharmacy space and the services provided by Walgreens and AllianceRx Walgreens Prime. Has a strong understanding of the competitive landscape and how to position Walgreens and AllianceRx Walgreens Prime as a primary choice of pharmacy. Has a strong understanding of the market access environment and knows how to be effective with local challenges and opportunities. Uses all analytical resources and resources available to identify opportunities and challenges within territory and create an action plan.
•Business Planning - Demonstrates an ability to create, adapt and follow-through on an effective business plan to achieve and exceed quarterly sales goals. Re-evaluates and adapts with changing market conditions. Invests time and effort in the areas with the greatest return on investment. Prioritizes and stays focused on end goals in order to maximize productivity efforts.
•Account Management – Uses all available information to understand customers’ needs and to identify opportunities. Understands the complexity of an account and connect the dots on where and who can influence decisions. Creates account specific strategies and goals to maintain, grow and/or stabilize each individual account. Evaluates, tracks and adjusts plan and goals as needed.
•Influence and Impact - Uses a wide variety of communication methods, selling skills, and promotional tools to appropriately influence and impact results. Can adjust messaging and style based on customer relationship (i.e. prospect, emerging, established). Listens, communicates and shares information around Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy services and AllianceRx Walgreens Prime to develop trust that ultimately results in customer commitment.
•Business Partnering - Leverages resources within Walgreens sales and operations organizations—including Retail Management, Community Pharmacy, AllianceRx Walgreens Prime, Sales Operations, Marketing, senior management, clinical staff and other functions to assist in both addressing customer issues and expanding local business.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of pharmaceutical or healthcare sales experience or High School Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of pharmaceutical or healthcare sales experience.
- Experience with advanced selling skills promoting either a product or service to a diverse set of healthcare professionals (physicians, hospitals, case managers, nurses, clinic).
- Experience developing a strategic business plan to hit financial targets within a multi-million dollar territory.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve the problem.
- Experience collaborating with both internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department and organizational goals.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and the delivery system within the specialty pharmacy and payer segments. In addition, experience with billing procedures for hospital, medical offices and Medicare (B / D benefits).
- Experience with analyzing and reporting sales data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Experience with disease states.
- Willing to travel at least 75% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree with experience calling on HIV, Hep-C and chronic inflammatory disease specialists.
- Experience working with case management/discharge planning and other referral sources within a hospital infusion environment
- Experience selling in healthcare, managed care, Specialty Pharmacy.
- Experience working with community support groups for HIV and inflammatory diseases.
No saved jobs
Take a Look
corporate & distribution
Help people get and
well every day.