Manager Owned Brand CommercializationJob ID 582589BR Location 200 WILMOT RD , DEERFIELD, IL
Empowered by the autonomy to drive sourcing strategy...
Encouraged with the internal support to lead critical change management initiatives...
Enabled with keys to success through a collaborative team culture...
This is who we are at WBA Procurement.
Our talented procurement team members are tasked to challenge the status quo of our global operational processes and to lead sustainable innovative change, ultimately translating to greater efficiencies and exceeded cost reduction targets. We’re seeking strategic procurement professionals who demonstrate the necessary thought leadership in both category and stakeholder management, that will drive best sourcing practices as we navigate our digitization and business transformations.
Our employees know what it takes to stay ahead of current trends and help patients be well every day. The following attributes are critical to your success in this role. Additional, related traits are also listed below.
- Relationship expertise
Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage at 31 days of service.
Walgreens matches up to 4%.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
6 weeks of Disability & 8 weeks of Parental Leave at 100% pay after 6 months service.
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off beginning at 180 days of service. Typical PTO accrual is 80 hours per year.
Six paid holidays per year. Eligible at six months of service.
Responsible for assigned Owned Brands category sales and profit development through category, market, and product trend knowledge and application. Makes customer-led recommendations to meet and exceed Company, Division, and individual targets for Sales and Profit through working with key stakeholders throughout the Company. Manages several diverse categories simultaneously. This manager is expected to demonstrate strategic creative thinking, be able to thrive in the ambiguity of innovation while inspiring teams to deliver results through commercialization with an overall optimistic and “can do” attitude.
- Sets targets for sales and gross profit for assigned categories. Works with Category Managers to meet established sales, profit and owned brand penetration goals.
- Leads cross functional team to define customer opportunity, product specification and ensure product submission meet or exceed consumer expectations. Develops assigned categories; stays abreast of category trends and market changes. Maintains knowledge of competition and applies information as necessary to grow sales and profit.
- Knows how to forecast demand for both short term and long term sales; must have a solid understanding of logistics and the effect on store and warehouse fill rates, inventory, and shelf life, and the results these areas have on Company profitability.
- Works with external partners and industry experts to develop a strategic relationship to identify product and packaging innovation and meet corporate requirements on service. Knows the entire new product innovation cycle and how it affects consumer response to product performance.
- Develops assigned categories through new product development, reformulation and packaging ideas.
- Serves as key Owned Brand product expert within category strategy process, regular S&OP meetings, strategic product lifecycle plan and regular cross functional meetings led by Category Manager.
- Steers end-to-end Owned Brand commercialization process ownership and management (direct and influenced). Follows processes that ensure owned brand participation is seamlessly integrated and aligned with relevant internal teams - merchant, sourcing, technical product development, etc.
- Leads owned brand integrated activity plan for assigned categories.
- Leads regular updates with regulatory/legal departments to ensure all products have appropriate claim substantiation.
- Understands core brand tenets and guardrails to deliver best quality product within expected guidelines.
- Cultivates direct report(s) through continuous training and mentorship, setting obtainable performance goals, and providing clear communication and constructive feedback.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in Merchandising, Product Development, Marketing OR High School Diploma/GED and 7 years of experience in Merchandising, Product Development, Marketing.
- Experience with related financial modeling and analysis.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience collaborating with internal resources and external stakeholders to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Knowledge of retail store merchandising including placement and promotion.
- Knowledge of logistics and the effect on store and warehouse fill rates, inventory, and shelf life, and the results these areas have on Company profitability.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Knowledge and experience in private brands, CPG, or retail.
- Experience using retail data such as Nielsen or IRI.
- MBA or Master’s Degree
No saved jobs