MANAGER PHARMACY DEPARTMENTJob ID 65962BR Store 15158-MARYSVILLE WA District 204-Seattle North Shift Various Apply
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues in a timely manner and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Develops strong relationships with most valuable customers by anticipating customer needs and proactively offering services. Leads efforts to enhance customer experience by increasing focus on healthcare services (e.g. patient consultation, medication management, drug therapy reviews, and perform retail, clinical, or wellness services such as immunizations, flu shots, and diabetes awareness) thereby promoting the shift of the pharmacy role from transactional to interpersonal.
- Participates and assists in community events as requested by Store Manager or Healthcare Supervisor.
- Counsels patients and answers their questions regarding usage of medicine, side effects, interactions, contraindications, patient information privacy, generics, less expensive medicines, over-the-counter products, and refers to medical provider as needed to ensure medication is taken correctly, health needs addressed, and satisfaction with service.
- Performs pharmacist tasks including compounding, drug therapy reviews, verification, and medication management. Reviews, interprets and accurately dispenses prescribed medications when necessitated by workload.
- Ensures the pharmacy operates in accordance to regulations, company policies and standards. Responsible for establishing procedures that promotes the efficient workflow of the pharmacy including overseeing the staff scheduling, assigning roles, coordinating activities and soliciting employee suggestions. Responsible for the opening and closing of the pharmacy and shift change and scheduling duties.
- Ensures the use of all elements of the Good Faith Dispensing policy in conjunction with state and federal controlled substance laws when filling prescriptions. The Product Review/Retail Fill Process Pharmacist has the ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the elements of Good Faith are present.
- Collaborates with Store Manager to define and develop new strategic business opportunities.
- Maintains current knowledge of information technology associated with pharmacy systems such as Intercom Plus, registers, robots, StoreNET to provide support to customers as well as pharmacy staff. Proposes and implements enhancements to pharmacy systems to further promote productivity.
- Ensures the accurate processing of insurance claims to resolve customer issues and prevent payment rejections. Follows-up with insurance companies as well as medical providers and conducts or participates in 3rd party audit.
- Follows-up with medical providers’ offices to clarify prescribed medications, dosages, refills, interactions and allergies to suggest alternative medications, and answer medical provider questions.
- Performs retail, clinical, and wellness services such as immunizations, flu shots, diabetes awareness and other preventive healthcare services.
- Partners with Central Pharmacy Operations for customer registration, 3rd party reviews, and assists with resolving customer issues to support the Well Experience locations. In virtual environments, conducts virtual product review by following specific company procedures and guidelines (e.g. using specific photographs taken by the technicians sent electronically during the F4 process and reduce transactional tasks).
- Manages the maintenance, housekeeping, and improvement of the pharmacy department including repairs, cleaning, new equipment and changes to the layout to ensure a functioning, presentable and efficient pharmacy.
- Prepares, maintains and submits all records, reports, and other documentation as required by state and federal laws to run the pharmacy business (e.g. operating statements, performance indicator reports, supervision notes, deletions, transfers, etc.).
- Collaborates with store manager on pharmacy staff hiring and carries out discipline and termination as necessary.
- Partners with Store Manager to establishing expectations and goals while promoting teamwork. Monitors and recognizes pharmacy employee progress and implements rewards programs while fostering a shared vision. Optimizes customer experience through focused coaching and performance behaviors.
- Manages pharmacy staff performance by conducting formal performance reviews, oversees and ensures the training of pharmacy employees (e.g. using the correct processes and tools in order to drive efficiency in the pharmacy, leading and driving technician tasks and activities). Ensures compliance with employment laws.
- Identifies and develops high potential team members and collaborates with store manager to proactively managing career progression.
- Addresses employee relations concerns and maintains morale by checking on employee welfare, addressing complaints, conflicts and ensures positive employee-management relationship.
- Maintains and enhances current knowledge and skills related to pharmacy and healthcare by reading pharmacy related journals, company publications, and communications. Maintains awareness of developments in retail and management and pursues best practices that would enhance performance and business acumen.
- Obtains necessary certifications, education credits and training such as People Plus Learning modules as required by the Company.
- Seeks professional development by monitoring one’s performance, solicits for constructive feedback, and leverages healthcare supervisor and store manager as mentor and coach.
- Supports the Store Manager by communicating relevant corporate health and wellness services or strategy information to pharmacy staff.
- Responsible for analyzing performance data including pharmacy financial, customer service, and inventory. Manages pharmacy asset protection activities and oversees inventory management. Reviews KPI’s with Pharmacist, Store Manager and Healthcare Supervisor. Identifies pharmacy performance trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with local medical community including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers. Reaches out to the community to promote the pharmacy business and further enhance growth opportunities. Supports Store Manager in expanding health and wellness awareness in the community.
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Current pharmacist licensure in the states within the district (or willing to obtain in 1 year) per district guidelines.
- Certified Immunizer or willing to become an immunizer within 90 days of hire.
- 1 year pharmacy experience in a retail setting including prescription filling and verification, records and legal compliance, pharmacy operations, pharmacy software and technology systems and insurance.
- Experience performing prescription dispensing activities that demonstrate a strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal controlled substance laws.
- Supervisory experience planning, organizing, and directing the work of pharmacy staff.
- Overall score of Exceeds Expectations for the most recent performance review period and an overall score of Meets or Exceeds Expectations for the earliest review period.
- At least 6 months pharmacy experience with Walgreen Co.
No saved jobs
Take a Look
corporate & distribution
Help people get and
well every day.