DRUG STORE PHARMACY TECHNICIANLocation 1140 E KEARNEY ST , SPRINGFIELD, MO Apply
Our pharmacy positions have undergone an exciting transformation, moving from a transaction-based environment to a much more patient-centric one. As a Walgreens pharmacist, you'll be front and center – interacting with our customers and developing strong patient relationships. Pharmacy is the core of our business, and our pharmacists enjoy all the tools and support – including the latest technology – to grow their careers and reach their goals.
- Level: Mid-Level
- Travel: 0-25%
Our pharmacists know what it takes to stay ahead of current trends and help patients be well every day. The following attributes are critical to your success in this role. Additional, related traits are also listed below.
- Communicator 10
- Compassionate 7
- Detail-oriented 4
- Trustworthy 8
- Problem Solver 10
- Responsible 10
- Good listener
- Team Player
“I like that I can make a direct impact on someone’s life, and put a smile on their face. Even if it’s as little as someone not being able to find a medication or what vitamins they need, people are genuinely thankful when I can help them.”-Wajiha, Pharmacist
Why it’s so important for us to have the right pharmacists working in our stores
If ever there was an important “buyer beware” story about American medical practices, this one is it.Learn more
Walgreens eyes more efficient health care
Walgreens recognizes the importance of pharmacy and is striving to make it more efficient.Learn more
Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans are available to employees for themselves and their dependents.
The Walgreens Prescription Drug Plan is designed to help make the cost of prescription medications more affordable for our Walgreens employees and their families.
Profit-Sharing and Employee Stock Purchase Programs help employees secure their financial future and reach their retirement savings goals.
Walgreens employees and their immediate families are entitled to a 15% discount on most purchases at any Walgreens store and 20% on Walgreens and W brand products.
Work & life resources
An integrated employee assistance and work/life program available to all team members and eligible family members.
Career development programs
Robust career development includes e-learning programs, classroom career development and mentoring.
- In accordance with state and federal regulations, assists the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy. Assists the pharmacist in the performance of other Pharmacy Department duties in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions. If PTCB certified, assists with and coaches pharmacy technicians in the operation of pharmacy systems and cashiers in the operation of the pharmacy cash registers.
- Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Develops strong relationships with most valuable customers.
- Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy. Reviews and complies with the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of Conduct.
- Performs duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager, Staff Pharmacist and Store Manager including utilizing pharmacy systems to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting and pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct, and checking for possible interactions. Assists pharmacists in scheduling and maintaining work flow.
- Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good Faith Dispensing during all applicable prescription dispensing activities.
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash register, collects and handles cash as required. Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating products.
- Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
- Processes (corrects and resubmits) manual claims for third party program prescription services in a timely and efficient manner, and performs other clerical duties, as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager.
- Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Company asset protection techniques, and files claims for warehouse overages (merchandise received, but not billed), shortages (merchandise billed, but not received), order errors or damaged goods involving Rx drugs.
- May assist pharmacist in administering clinical services including the collection and proper labeling of blood/urine samples from patients and other clinical services as required; assists pharmacy staff in coordination of clinical services, Walgreens healthcare clinics and external providers.
- Assists Pharmacy Manager and Staff Pharmacist in developing and maintaining good relationships with the local medical community, including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers, by medical provider detailing and outreach to health groups, retirement homes, nursing homes, and other forums for enhancing growth opportunities.
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring the Pharmacy Department is stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat and orderly in condition and appearance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
- Earns and maintains PTCB certification through the designated PTCB training program and/or state required certification/registration. Otherwise, earns PTCB certification as condition of promotion to senior technician.
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager and acquires continuing education credits. Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy, including latest news and developments.
No saved jobs
Take a Look
corporate & distribution
Help people get and
well every day.