HERO Pharmacy Operations Manager (Military and Veterans)Job ID 794283BR Store 17518-BARRE VT District 154-LITTLETON NH Shift Various Apply
Our mission is to help people live healthier every day and veterans are a big part of our plans. That’s because we know that hiring a military veteran is one of the best decisions we can make. You’re proven leaders, quick learners, team players and you know how to get the job done and motivate others with passion and pride. Our Walgreens HERO Program has been crafted with the veteran in mind. Our retail management leadership programs provide training, mentorship and career development in a supportive environment. And, through our strong education partner Southern New Hampshire University our HERO participants have the added benefit to further their education goals all while working at Walgreens.
- Level: Entry-Level
- Travel: 0%
What makes someone successful when they join our HERO program?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Walgreens is a trusted wellness provider with care being at the heart of our business. From our retail stores to our distribution centers and our support center to our pharmacies, our team members have an opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Starting as a Shift Lead or Assistant Store Manager Trainee in our HERO Program begins your journey into retail management. Through training, career development, and hands-on experience, your path to Store Manager will be supported as you advance in the organization.
Shift Lead / Assistant Store Manager Trainee leads to Assistant Store Manager.
Assistant Store Manager leads to Store Manager.
Click Here to learn more about career paths at Walgreens.
“My coworkers are the most unique and amazing team that I have had the honor to work with since serving in the Military. My Store Manager allows me to work independently, and trusts me to make sure tasks are completed to company expectations.”–Arin K., ASM-T Defense Artillery Captain
“When I learned about the HERO program, I felt that I met all the requirements and had the necessary experience and knowledge to be successful at Walgreens. I have always loved working with people and learning new skills. I know that all of my years of work added with my experience in the Military has prepared me to be exceptionally successful, while enjoying what I like the most.”–Darnell S., ASM-T Army, E6-Staff Sergeant
Walgreens wants a few good veterans for future leadershipLearn more
Paid Time Off
Military leave & ESGR
SNHU tuition discount + supportive resources
The Walgreens HERO Program keeps our nation’s heroes in mind – with an opportunity for veterans to transition their leadership experience into the civilian world. Through this program, participants start on a path to store management, while pursuing a bachelor’s degree through Southern New Hampshire University (or other schools), all to help you achieve your long-term career goals.
- Where state and federal laws/regulations allow, accountable for performing day-to-day non-clinical pharmacy operations, administrative activities; Ensures efficient pharmacy workflow and a positive patient experience. Serves as a full-time certified pharmacy technician.
- Responsible for operating pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions. Under the supervision of a pharmacist, supervising pharmacy technicians and pharmacy cashiers within the guidelines of authorized company policies, laws, regulations and business ethics.
- Responsible for the selection, scheduling, and development of pharmacy technician personnel. Leads training, coaching, and performance management of pharmacy technicians. Makes decisions regarding performance management including discipline and termination.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer complaints, helps respond to customers' requests in a timely manner and answers non-clinical questions to ensure a positive customer experience. Models and shares customer service best practices.
- Develops strong relationships with customers by anticipating customer needs and proactively offering services to provide the best experience possible when using the pharmacy. Enhances customer experience by increasing focus on healthcare services.
- Responsible for assisting pharmacist in the delivery of patient care including patient registration, prescription data entry, preparation of medications for patients, counting, and verifying (where allowed by law). Completes patient and physician calls under the supervision of a pharmacist (where allowed by law). Under the supervision of a pharmacist assists with healthcare service offerings including administering vaccines, health screenings, and any health services allowed by law.
- Within the guidelines of authorized company policies, state and federal laws/regulations, exercises independent judgment to delegate, direct, and assign non-clinical work in the pharmacy. Ensures tasks are completed on-time and holds others accountable for efficient workflow.
- At the direction of the Pharmacy Manager or pharmacist, prepares, and files reports and records required by the company and various government agencies.
- Manages core pharmacy workflow and drives excellence in pharmacy operations. Coordinates and organizes pharmacy daily schedule of activities. Recommends allocation of pharmacy hours. Assures the pharmacy is clean, neat, orderly, and stocked with adequate supplies.
- Under the direction of the pharmacist, exercises independent judgment to ensure compliance and execution of all business administrative activities and pharmacy inventory management tasks that do not require pharmacist licensure. Manages annual inventory preparation.
- Accountable for completion of non-clinical patient calls.
- Drives new technology/ process roll out, champions change and engages team around action planning. Assures proper operation and maintenance of pharmacy department equipment. In collaboration with Pharmacy Manager, responsible for recordkeeping and ensuring security safeguards are in-place.
- Under supervision of the pharmacist, strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good Faith Dispensing during all applicable prescription-dispensing activities and understands their role in ensuring that the elements of Good Faith Dispensing are met.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of Company asset protection techniques. Supports Pharmacy Manager with diversion monitoring and reports any concerns that would compromise the security of the pharmacy to the Pharmacy Manager.
- Communicates prescription errors to the accountable pharmacist, and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Continuous Quality Improvement Program.
- Ensures the accurate processing of insurance claims to resolve customer issues and prevent payment rejections. Follows-up with insurance companies as well as medical providers and conducts or participates in 3rd party audit.
- Assists and supports Store Manager and Pharmacy Manager in analyzing and seeking to improve pharmacy financials, operational quality and customer service.
- Manages Community Outreach Portal and coordinates and, at the direction of the Pharmacy Manager, assigns pharmacists to off-site immunization clinics and community events. Builds and sustains relationships with retail partnerships.
- Leads performance management of technicians including making decisions and recommendations regarding discipline and termination. Follows constructive discipline policy to discipline, suspend, terminate or effectively recommend the same. Uses constructive discipline policy to ensure pharmacy technicians are compliant with state and federal laws. Holds technician accountable for attendance and timeliness. Maintains and improves performance of pharmacy through team member engagement and action planning.
- Accountable for technician hiring, on-boarding, training, and scheduling. Monitors and holds pharmacy technicians accountable for timely training completion. Follows established policies and procedures set by the company for scheduling and training.
- Accountable for identifying gaps in pharmacy operations knowledge among team members and supporting those team members in their training, either through hands-on training or assignment of learning modules.
- Assists Pharmacy Manager in monitoring that all pharmacy and team member licensures, registrations and certifications are active and in good standing/ compliant with all regulatory and legal requirements. Leverages Walgreens resources such as Walgreens Online Verification System to assist in documenting licensure status.
- Ensures proper procedures are followed for selection, recruitment, record retention, and training as required by Company policy and local, state and federal laws.
- Maintains PTCB certification through the designated PTCB training program and/or state required certification/registration.
- Maintains and enhances current knowledge and skills related to pharmacy and healthcare.
- Obtains necessary certifications, education credits and training such as LTMP e-modules as required by the Company. Follows performance improvement plans offered by Pharmacy Manager.
- Seeks professional development by monitoring one’s own performance, solicits for constructive feedback, and leverages Healthcare Supervisor as mentor and coach.
- Communicates with pharmacy team, relaying messages from the support center or other key emails as required.
- Participates in key store/pharmacy meetings, including 5-minute meetings and weekly check-ins with the Store Manager.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- PTCB certification (except in Puerto Rico).
- Has one year of work experience as a pharmacy technician in a retail or hospital setting.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English (except in Puerto Rico).
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- At least 6 months military experience.
- Previous people management/ leadership experience.
- Previous work experience with Walgreens with an Exceeding Expectation on last performance evaluation.
No saved jobs