Director, Digital & MarketingJob ID 209BR Location 36 S WABASH AVE STE 410, CHICAGO, IL Apply Now
Accountable for directing operations of a Digital and Marketing business unit or discrete product line to achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and quality results. Outcomes directed have a moderate impact to significant impact on the organization's short-term and long-term results, specific customers and/or partners. Decisions have moderate to significant impact on the organization.
- Directs the marketing strategies and plans for digital to achieve the strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and content quality results. Develops and oversees the implementation of processes, and policies that have significant impact upon the organization.
- Develops short- and long-range marketing strategies and plans.
- Directs managers accountable for marketing within the Digital organization, and relies on some key centralized resources such as finance, creative, engineering, product and administration.
- Makes recommendations for the formulation of strategies and operating plans and is responsible for plan execution and reporting.
- Accountable for delivering against key metrics, including financial goals outlined for digital marketing. Develops budget for marketing plans and is accountable for delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Sets financial, operational and quality metrics for digital marketing campaigns, in partnership with channel owners and brand marketing team.
- Oversees the execution of marketing plans for specified area of responsibility.
- Shares highly complex information related to marketing plans and strategy. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Accountable for growth and optimization of consumer awareness, market share and/or specified initiatives. . Reviews the competitive marketplace and makes adjustments to digital marketing strategy and plans based upon identified information.
- Oversees and directs the work of managers and their subordinates. Obtains and allocates resources to meet operating plans. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com and VisionDirect.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of experience in Marketing, eCommerce, and/or Strategy OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in Marketing, eCommerce, and/or Strategy.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience managing and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 3 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- At least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Master’s degree / MBA