Director, Media ActivationJob ID 703649BR Location 433 W VAN BUREN STREET , CHICAGO, IL Apply
Leads digital media activation for Walgreens Media, leveraging an advanced data/technology ecosystem and including management of in-house activation team as well as external agency and technology and publisher partnerships. Works in collaborative partnership with Brand and Media Strategy as well as CRM, and is directly accountable for digital media execution and performance across: Search, Social, Programmatic, Affiliate and direct Digital Commerce driving initiatives as part of Walgreens Marketing. Drives agile learning agenda and leads execution of pilots through to scale, in partnership with Analytics function.Job Responsibilities
- Directs the marketing strategies and plans for digital to achieve the strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and content quality results. Develops and oversees the implementation of processes, and policies that have significant impact upon the organization.
- Develops short- and long-range marketing strategies and plans.
- Directs managers accountable for marketing within the Digital organization, and relies on some key centralized resources such as finance, creative, engineering, product and administration.
- Makes recommendations for the formulation of strategies and operating plans and is responsible for plan implementation and reporting.
- Accountable for delivering against key metrics, including financial goals outlined for digital marketing.
- Develops budget for marketing plans and is accountable for delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Sets financial, operational and quality metrics for digital marketing campaigns, in partnership with channel owners and brand marketing team.
- Oversees the execution of marketing plans for specified area of responsibility.
- Shares highly complex information related to marketing plans and strategy. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Accountable for growth and optimization of consumer awareness, market share and/or specified initiatives.
- Reviews the competitive marketplace and makes adjustments to digital marketing strategy and plans based upon identified information.
- Oversees and directs the work of managers and their subordinates. Obtains and allocates resources to meet operating plans. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of experience in Marketing, eCommerce, and/or Strategy OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in Marketing, eCommerce, and/or Strategy.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience managing and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years experience of direct leadership and/or cross functional team leadership.
No saved jobs
Take a Look
corporate & distribution
Help people get and
well every day.