Director of Data ManagementJob ID 574149BR Location 433 W VAN BUREN STREET , CHICAGO, IL
Walgreens has always excelled at innovating, whether it was inventing the world’s first chocolate malt or revolutionizing pharmacies with drive-through service and satellite technology. Today, innovative ideas are no longer “icing on the cake” – they’re critical to the success of our business. Which is why, at Walgreens, we have developed a culture and strategic IT framework to ensure that we are winning with our people, operating efficiently, leading in innovation, delivering solid results and establishing a truly global presence.
Our employees know what it takes to stay ahead of current trends and help patients be well every day. The following attributes are critical to your success in this role. Additional, related traits are also listed below.
- Results Driven
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Walgreens is a trusted wellness provider with care being at the heart of our business. From our retail stores to our distribution centers and our support center to our pharmacies, our team members have an opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
IT CAREERS OVERVIEW
Get your career to the cutting edge of healthcare. Learn more about IT careers at Walgreens.Learn More
“Our team members, which are pharmacy techs and pharmacists need our system to be able to fill prescriptions for patients. So we know we’ve done a good job when that system is working well and they can get that patient back out the door quickly.”– Suzzette, Senior Director, Information Technology: Store Systems-Pharmacy Delivery
Walgreens to implement voice-powered AI technology in storesLearn more
Paid Time Off
The Director of Data Management is responsible for the development and implementation of the data management strategy. The Key Focus is to provide leadership and expertise in all aspects of Data Management including improvement of the quality and fidelity of data consumed by business processes and analytics use cases.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to establish a vision for the management of master, reference, and master data assets; develop case for change to support vision
- Creates policies and procedures and directs the build team to tune, optimize and recast the “curate” and the “serve” layers in line with the business SLA’s and stakeholder data/ analytics needs
- Partners with ADRM models and other MS CDM metadata notations to create competitive advantage data exchange and data integration partnerships
- Ensures the realization of data products, in usage of data & structuring of data, to enable, enrich, these data products. The Big Data & Data Warehouse structural aspects would be key to the performance of the serve layer.
- Working with Agile and DevOps techniques and implementation approaches to deliver solutions, ensuring the Data Management platform components are kept current and upgraded.
- Utilizing strong technical acumen to lead delivery, planning, and execution of database tuning and refinement
- Representing data management for the organization.
- Managing deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of technology related to Data Management
- Building KPIs for capabilities within data management to provide a transparent view of the data ecosystem.
- Outcomes directed have a moderate to significant impact on the organization's short-term and long-term results, specific customers and/or partners. Decisions have moderate to significant impact on the organization.
- Leads the design and implementation of technologies to support applications.
- Partners cross—functionally across the organization and closely where and when needed.
- Oversees and manages vendors, vendor contracts and appropriate SLAs.
- Works with key stakeholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.
- Applies broad knowledge of capabilities and environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging opportunities. Conducts technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements for the specified area of responsibility. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of experience in IT, Engineering, Architecture, Consulting and/or Analytics OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in IT, Engineering, Architecture, Consulting and/or Analytics.
- Experience with data management, advanced analytics or business intelligence, covering both traditional MI as well as big data analytics
- Experience with core data analytics tools and concepts, e.g. data warehouses, data lakes, data streaming, extract-transform-load (ETL), data integration, dashboards, etc.
- Knowledge of analytical methods, data science methods, including machine learning and AI
- Experience with vendor and vendor contract management, including SLA review.
- Experience with platform architecture that is cloud efficient
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- My require travel domestically and/or internationally.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Mathematics
- Master's degree OR MBA
- At least 5 years of program management experience in advanced analytics or business intelligence and/or technology
- Experience partnering with security to ensure platform is secured and regulatory compliant.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience managing cross-functional and/or matrix teams
- Has to have at least 3+ years of experience in delivering data capabilities such as MDM ecosystems, Forums for Data Stewards, institutionalizing Data Quality Management, and building out Data Cataloguing.
- Has to have at least 3 years of experience in delivering a healthy and performance data warehouse environment
No saved jobs