Firmware EngineerJob ID 709596BR Location 433 W VAN BUREN STREET , CHICAGO, IL
Walgreens has always excelled at innovating, whether it was inventing the world’s first chocolate malt or revolutionizing pharmacies with drive-through service and satellite technology. Today, innovative ideas are no longer “icing on the cake” – they’re critical to the success of our business. Which is why, at Walgreens, we have developed a culture and strategic IT framework to ensure that we are winning with our people, operating efficiently, leading in innovation, delivering solid results and establishing a truly global presence.
Our employees know what it takes to stay ahead of current trends and help patients be well every day. The following attributes are critical to your success in this role. Additional, related traits are also listed below.
- Results Driven
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Walgreens is a trusted wellness provider with care being at the heart of our business. From our retail stores to our distribution centers and our support center to our pharmacies, our team members have an opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
IT CAREERS OVERVIEW
Get your career to the cutting edge of healthcare. Learn more about IT careers at Walgreens.Learn More
“Our team members, which are pharmacy techs and pharmacists need our system to be able to fill prescriptions for patients. So we know we’ve done a good job when that system is working well and they can get that patient back out the door quickly.”– Suzzette, Senior Director, Information Technology: Store Systems-Pharmacy Delivery
Walgreens to implement voice-powered AI technology in storesLearn more
Paid Time Off
The Innovation team at Walgreens is seeking a skilled firmware engineer to design, develop, validate, and deploy firmware and software solutions enabling remote monitoring measures for a unique consumer-centric, technology-enabled healthcare ecosystem. The mission of the Innovation team is to
simplify the healthcare experience by delivering personalized healthcare solutions through an integrated omnichannel platform to improve health outcomes, enhance the consumer experience, and lower healthcare costs. The firmware engineer will support innovation projects from inception to completion by leveraging their technical expertise in firmware development, hardware system, and analytics knowledge to develop fitfor-purpose remote patient monitoring (RPM) devices. This role also works with various software and mobile technologies in application software, network software, mobile software, BLE/WiFi/NFC, cellular/5G, and NB-IoT for management/control of remote monitoring devices.
• Designs, develops and tests RPM device firmware subsystems, in collaboration with the product team and hardware engineers, utilizing the sensing hardware and embedded software technologies
• Engages in all phases of new product introduction, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
• Works collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams to develop and implement device strategies and objectives, and work with consultants and vendors to develop and deliver consumer devices.
• Applies best practices and model view design patterns towards software development activities
• Works with the engineering and product teams to establish necessary test specifications and requirements for hardware and firmware system verification and validation of designs
• Participates in agile sprints, stand-ups, grooming and retrospectives. Participate in code reviews and other related design reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, computer engineering, or a similar technical role OR a High School Diploma and at least 4 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, computer engineering, or a similar technical role.
- Experience with software design, development, debug and test practices
- Experience with at least 2 of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, Java Script, C#
- Experience working on embedded platforms
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, etc.
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or a similar technical field
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or a similar technical field
- Experience implementing wireless solutions communicating with various medical sensing and wearable devices
- Knowledge in cloud-based technologies from Amazon, Microsoft or Google such as orchestration, microservices, databases, and notification services
- Knowledge of hardware architecture and components
- Experience with prototyping, design, and debugging of PC boards
No saved jobs