Senior Manager, Hardware EngineeringJob ID 709600BR Location 433 W VAN BUREN STREET , CHICAGO, IL
Walgreens has always excelled at innovating, whether it was inventing the world’s first chocolate malt or revolutionizing pharmacies with drive-through service and satellite technology. Today, innovative ideas are no longer “icing on the cake” – they’re critical to the success of our business. Which is why, at Walgreens, we have developed a culture and strategic IT framework to ensure that we are winning with our people, operating efficiently, leading in innovation, delivering solid results and establishing a truly global presence.
Our employees know what it takes to stay ahead of current trends and help patients be well every day. The following attributes are critical to your success in this role. Additional, related traits are also listed below.
- Results Driven
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Walgreens is a trusted wellness provider with care being at the heart of our business. From our retail stores to our distribution centers and our support center to our pharmacies, our team members have an opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
IT CAREERS OVERVIEW
Get your career to the cutting edge of healthcare. Learn more about IT careers at Walgreens.Learn More
“Our team members, which are pharmacy techs and pharmacists need our system to be able to fill prescriptions for patients. So we know we’ve done a good job when that system is working well and they can get that patient back out the door quickly.”– Suzzette, Senior Director, Information Technology: Store Systems-Pharmacy Delivery
Walgreens to implement voice-powered AI technology in storesLearn more
Paid Time Off
The Innovation team at Walgreens is seeking a hands-on Senior Hardware Engineering Manager to design, implement, and test innovative remote monitoring hardware devices for a unique consumercentric, technology-enabled healthcare ecosystem. The mission of the Innovation team is to simplify the healthcare experience by delivering personalized healthcare solutions through an integrated omnichannel platform to improve health outcomes, enhance the consumer experience, and lower healthcare costs. The Senior Hardware Engineering Manager will focus on remote patient monitoring (RPM) project deliverables and sensing device technology roadmap, and integration. The individual will be responsible for the design, development and testing of hardware for remote monitoring. They may also review vendor capability to support product development. This role involves mastery of monitoring device technologies in sensing algorithms, BLE/WiFi/NFC, cellular/5G, and NB-IoT for management/control of RPM devices.
- Provides technical leadership to drive device development, innovation, and collaboration with bothinternal and external partners for RPM
- Leads the design and development of the RPM roadmap centered on emerging technologies, costreduction and system benefits
- Develops actionable strategic goals for device development from the RPM strategy.
- Engages in all phases of new product introduction, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
- Works collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams to develop and execute device strategies and objectives, and work with consultants and vendors to develop and deliver consumer devices
- Analyzes RPM product data to identify opportunities for improvement and create robust business proposals to pursue them. Participate in FMEA and risk assessment
- Works with the engineering, product and user experience teams to establish necessary test specifications and requirements for RPM device verification and validation of designs
- Researches and proposes new technologies that can be employed for new monitoring device development and the design of improvement to current products
- Integrates third-party manufactured monitoring device into Walgreen’s RPM platform in accordance with Walgreen development partnerships
- Participates in writing product documentation, technical reports, and schedule estimates, and authoring hardware device development test plans
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for specified area of responsibility. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- Ensures solutions are completed within the applicable time frame and budget. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, and through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and well-being products. The company’s size, scale and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
The company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 6 years of experience in Electrical engineering computer engineering, or a similar technical field OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in Electrical engineering computer engineering, or a similar technical field
- Knowledge of analog and digital design
- Experience with at least two of the following design and testing tools: Altium, Cadence, LabView, Creo, PSpice
- Experience with PCB design, communication protocols, and EMC
- Experience on embedded platforms and wireless communication
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or crossfunctional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, physics, or a similar technical field
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, physics, or a similar technical field
- Experience implementing wireless solutions communicating with various medical sensing and wearable devices
- Knowledge of medical device standards such as IEC60601-1, FIPS140 and UL2901
- Knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle principles
- Experience with prototyping, design, and debugging of PC boards
- Experience working with vendors and prioritization of roadmaps and long-term deliverables
- Experience influencing and collaborating with other teams
No saved jobs