Senior Manager, Mobile EngineeringJob ID 586983BR Location 433 W VAN BUREN STREET , CHICAGO, IL
Walgreens has always excelled at innovating, whether it was inventing the world’s first chocolate malt or revolutionizing pharmacies with drive-through service and satellite technology. Today, innovative ideas are no longer “icing on the cake” – they’re critical to the success of our business. Which is why, at Walgreens, we have developed a culture and strategic IT framework to ensure that we are winning with our people, operating efficiently, leading in innovation, delivering solid results and establishing a truly global presence.
Our employees know what it takes to stay ahead of current trends and help patients be well every day. The following attributes are critical to your success in this role. Additional, related traits are also listed below.
- Results Driven
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Walgreens is a trusted wellness provider with care being at the heart of our business. From our retail stores to our distribution centers and our support center to our pharmacies, our team members have an opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
IT CAREERS OVERVIEW
Get your career to the cutting edge of healthcare. Learn more about IT careers at Walgreens.Learn More
“Our team members, which are pharmacy techs and pharmacists need our system to be able to fill prescriptions for patients. So we know we’ve done a good job when that system is working well and they can get that patient back out the door quickly.”– Suzzette, Senior Director, Information Technology: Store Systems-Pharmacy Delivery
Walgreens to implement voice-powered AI technology in storesLearn more
Paid Time Off
Provides leadership and management over teams responsible for the architecture, development, delivery process, and app store fulfillment of modern, cloud first mobile applications. Identifies, evaluates and resolves business and technical issues. While not directly responsible for the backend data and services that feed the mobile apps, acts as a partner, thought leader, consumer, and stakeholder, collaborating with those backend teams as well as Product, UX, Consulting Companies, and Project Management for best-in-class customer-centric outcomes. Possesses proven, extensive, technical and leadership talent with strong analytical reasoning, problem solving, and collaboration skills. Must have a passion for building exciting, dynamic team cultures with an emphasis on quality and technical excellence.
- Manages efforts of teams responsible for mobile application engineering and delivery. Leads the Mobile Engineering teams to ensure high quality code, industry best practices, accessibility, and on time delivery.
- Collaborates and shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes, software quality, and the success of our H3 products. Sets expectations with partners, creates SLAs, and prioritizes the activities of the Mobile Engineering teams based on business objectives and customer needs.
- Manages the design and development of mobile optimized views, flows, and experiences.
- Looks for new opportunities to do things better, smarter, and/or more efficiently. Champions innovative thinking, app performance, process improvements, and high quality. Provides expertise, suggestions, and guidance on various topics relevant to mobile app development such as hybrid vs native, technology stack, and frameworks.
- Works cross-functionally to develop a project plan and a risk management plan for mobile application engineering to deliver business needs and product requirements on schedule and within budget
- Utilizes a proactive and responsive approach to problem-solving. Provides reasoning about complex problems, and applies experience to new domains.
- Creates staffing plans based on current and forecasted need and takes action to draw great talent by crafting an exciting culture where people can thrive.
- Stays in touch with cutting edge mobile technologies, modern methodologies, and user expectations
- Manages budgets, operational plans, critical risks, and performance requirements for Mobile Application Engineering group. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Oversees the creation, propagation, and documentation of engineering standards, best practices, and processes.
- Plans and drives implementation of CI/CD and TDD practice within the mobile engineering teams.
- Always acts as a mentor and guide for other managers and engineering team members.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience in software engineering OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in Software Engineering.
- Experience with mobile application engineering, app store fulfillment, and security concerns/best practices.
- Experience translating business objectives into consumable tasks that individual contributors and managers can deliver iteratively.
- At least 2 years of experience in a cloud environment such as Azure or AWS.
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle as well as best practices and Agile software development.
- Experience with componentized web and/or mobile architecture.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience setting expectations and delivering software based on those expectations transparently, on time, and according to scope.
- Experience integrating with services, collaborating on service contracts, and setting expectations around optimization of micro service consumption for app performance.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including executives.
- Experience building engineering teams and forming great team cultures.
- Experience building Cloud Native mobile applications in Azure.
- Professional experience with both native Android and iOS applications.
- Experience with hybrid mobile application frameworks such as React Native, Xamarin, PhoneGap, Ionic, or Cordova. Ideal candidate has had exposure to React Native and Xamarin.
- Knowledge of web and mobile usability, accessibility, WCAG 2.1/ADA standards
- Experience with container deployment (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience integrating machine learning into apps.
No saved jobs