Senior Program Manager, DigitalJob ID 570069BR Location 433 W VAN BUREN STREET , CHICAGO, IL
Walgreens has always excelled at innovating, whether it was inventing the world’s first chocolate malt or revolutionizing pharmacies with drive-through service and satellite technology. Today, innovative ideas are no longer “icing on the cake” – they’re critical to the success of our business. Which is why, at Walgreens, we have developed a culture and strategic IT framework to ensure that we are winning with our people, operating efficiently, leading in innovation, delivering solid results and establishing a truly global presence.
Our employees know what it takes to stay ahead of current trends and help patients be well every day. The following attributes are critical to your success in this role. Additional, related traits are also listed below.
- Results Driven
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Walgreens is a trusted wellness provider with care being at the heart of our business. From our retail stores to our distribution centers and our support center to our pharmacies, our team members have an opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
IT CAREERS OVERVIEW
Get your career to the cutting edge of healthcare. Learn more about IT careers at Walgreens.Learn More
“Our team members, which are pharmacy techs and pharmacists need our system to be able to fill prescriptions for patients. So we know we’ve done a good job when that system is working well and they can get that patient back out the door quickly.”– Suzzette, Senior Director, Information Technology: Store Systems-Pharmacy Delivery
Walgreens to implement voice-powered AI technology in storesLearn more
Paid Time Off
Accountable for a portfolio of work that furthers strategic company objectives. Manages Omni-Channel strategic programs and/ or projects to successful completion. Drives end-to-end strategic alignment across all functions and business units to succeed against company-wide goals. Provides recommendations based on analytical decision making skills on risks/issues critical to the success of the business's strategic goals. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accountable for a portfolio of work that furthers strategic company objectives. Manages multiple complex, strategic technology programs and/ or projects to successful completion. Drives strategic alignment across business units to succeed against company-wide goals.
- Provides analysis and recommendations on issues critical to the success of the business's strategic goals. Provides recommendations on complex program dependencies that could affect the success of other initiatives.
- Develops strategic integration plans and manage roadmaps to align the highest priority features and capabilities forward to completion within the timeframes required.
- Understands the relationships, objectives and impacts of programs and initiatives across business units. Able to drive program initiatives and deep dive to understand key customer problems and/or business impacts.
- Owns product/business outcomes by working with area leaders to influence strategy. Drives adoption of new processes across the organization.
- Manages and communicates program status, timelines, financials and outcomes with stakeholders.
- Provides input on established processes and suggests relevant improvements.
- Applies specialized knowledge of industry standards/practices to portfolio, programs and initiatives.
- Clarifies, identifies, and tracks requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve project issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Facilitates executive level Leadership Team and Steering Committee meetings. Sets clear expectations regarding artifacts, meetings, reporting and communication for all projects with the program.
- Works with stakeholders to define objectives and specifications.
- Guides multi-disciplinary project teams in the achievement of project objectives for larger more complex, or more strategic, projects or programs. Oversees project management team to achieve project objective/goals.
- Enables team collaboration tools and ensures clear communication. Participates in removing barriers to timely and cost effective project completion.
- Ensures realistic and reliable staffing plans across the program, focusing on the availability and commitment of appropriately skilled resources.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team. Serves as a resource to other project managers to resolve complex problems. May lead other project managers on large scale projects.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of program management experience OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 7 years of project/program management experience
Experience leading end-to-end programs with go to market strategy within the digital/Omni space
Experience communicating with the C- Suite level on program status, issues/risks and mitigation plans
Experience with building customer facing products and assessing customer experience
Experience with go to market planning including but not limited to Marketing, store operations, media, change management planning
Experience with Agile methodologies
Experience managing technology projects
Experience with project metrics, including data gathering, reporting, and trend analysis
Experience with Project and Portfolio Management software (e.g., CA Clarity PPM, Jira, Azure DevOps)
At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
Experience managing financials for multi-million dollar programs
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
At least 7 years of project/program management experience
Experience driving cross-functional teams
Experience managing software development projects
Knowledge of mobile technologies
Experience prioritizing and performing multiple tasks in time-critical situations
Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones
Experience with web technologies and online software development practices.
Industry experience in Retail and/or Pharmacy/Healthcare
No saved jobs