Director, Talent Acquisition (Job Number: 024281)
Corporate Office - 102 WILMOT RD
102 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We’re taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe’s Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Responsible for driving long-term recruiting success and leads the full recruitment lifecycle for the corporate, field operations, healthcare, executive and internship programs through the development and management of a world-class search team. Partners with other talent functions to develop and delivery on the strategies, processes, integrated solutions and metrics for sourcing and recruiting the talent pipeline for the organization.
- Owns and enhances the talent acquisition strategies, infrastructure and delivery framework to support Walgreens full life-cycle recruiting for corporate, field operations, healthcare and executive roles in addition to leading the sourcing, internships, and campus relations programs to identify, attract and hire highly qualified and diverse talent.
- Acts as a key member of the talent center of expertise leadership team. Develops and manages the implementation of Walgreens Talent Acquisition policies, processes, competencies, selection criteria and diversity efforts.
- Provides deep understanding of the external environment, organizational and divisional landscape and the HR strategic agenda and vigorously ensures that recruiting delivery is aligned to support broad recruiting solutions, process improvements, and activities. Ensure high levels of service delivery. Provides thought leadership and expertise in relevant elements of compliance and best practices.
- Leads and manages the Talent Acquisition team, ensuring clear goals and accountabilities are established and achieved. Attracts and develop high-performing Talent Acquisition talent.
- Manages the recruiting budget, workforce planning, and financial modeling for recruiting expenses and contractors. Monitors, reconciles and identifies opportunities to maximize investments and increase efficiencies.
- In partnership with internal clients and HR stakeholders (e.g., Diversity & Inclusion, Employment Law), develops and executes the strategic, tactical, and business recruiting operational plans in line with Company strategies and objectives. Proactively establishes and maintains effective high level ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and shared services across the organization, determining and implementing tools, process and programs that support enterprise-wide recruitment strategies.
- Supports the development, design and application of enterprise-wide, compliant and business relevant recruiting policies, programs, guidelines, frameworks, toolkits, and methodologies in support of Walgreens business strategies.
- Owns Talent Acquisition data and metrics, developing, regularly reporting, presenting and informing on talent activities to executive leadership and decision makers through multiple communication channels. Defines the required metrics to measure achievement of key recruiting programs to and improve attraction, selection and retention of talent. Analyzes and leverages recruiting metrics to inform and modify strategies to continually meet and exceed the Talent Acquisition service level agreements (SLAs).
- Drives and enables process improvement throughout the Talent Acquisition department. Develops and manages Talent Acquisition projects and initiatives; continually assesses Talent Acquisition processes and programs to ensure optimization.
- Leads the cultivation of external relationships including universities, pharmacy schools, diversity associations, etc., to develop strategic partnerships and establishes networks through professional contacts to benchmark with other companies in the areas of recruitment and TA communication/social media.
- Develops best practices to leverage the Walgreens brand to provide a consistent and positive candidate experience for talent at all levels. Develops the employee value proposition to attract, engage, and retain key talent. Ensures end-to-end recruiting process is aligned with the company, human resources and recruiting strategies.
- Evaluates, selects and manages external partners/vendors as appropriate to supplement internal Talent Acquisition capabilities.
- Bachelor Degree and at least 6 years of experience in talent acquisition, talent management or human resources or High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in talent acquisition, talent management or human resources.
- Experience with HR Recruiting processes and programs.
- Experience defining metrics to measure achievements.
- Experience managing stakeholders within and outside of HR that have an impact on the recruiting strategy.
- Experience with Talent Management interdependencies, such as workforce planning, corporate branding, succession management, retention, on-boarding, career development.
- At least 3 years of experience of cross functional team leadership.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA, MSIR, or Master’s Degree in Human Resources preferred.
- Experience working in a company with revenue in excess of $50B annually
- Experience working in a company with greater than 50,000 employees.