This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We’re taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe’s Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
This role is responsible for provisioning circuits utilizing Coriant (Tellabs) 7100N (Nano) DWDM equipment that is used to support a metro-area dark fiber ring. This resource will also be an escalation resource for complex problems on the Coriant 7100N equipment.
As public telecommunications carriers transition away from legacy TDM-based network transport, the direction is to move towards more cost-effective Ethernet to interconnect remote locations. In addition to the Coriant 7100N responsibilities stated above, this resource will provide recommendations and will interface with our external carriers, cloud-providers and internal network architects to provision and optimize the Walgreens MAN Ethernet network.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with Hi-Cap circuit provisioning and design utilizing technologies that include DWDM, ROADM and MAN Ethernet. Candidate will be expected to create network documentation using the MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio) that can be utilized by all levels of the organization.
- Actively participates in the daily operational activities that impact important components / processes of the of the IT work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Execution of deployment operations to monitor and improve on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Evaluating compatibility of programs with existing hardware and/or software features.
- Development of protocols to support established standards.
- Improving operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features.
- Development of processes and interface requirements.
- Data development and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Utilizes experience in order to identify problematic relationships. Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes. Facilitates elimination of problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Works cross-functionally to accomplish assignments. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.