Master Maintenance Technician DCJob ID 208209BR Location 1805 GREENS RD , HOUSTON, TX Apply
Under the direction of Distribution Center (DC) management, leads and performs maintenance of facilities and equipment to maximize Operations performance.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent):
- Prioritizes and coordinates work assignments for Senior Maintenance Technicians/Maintenance Technicians to ensure critical work assignments are completed correctly and on a timely basis.
- Coaches Senior Maintenance Technicians/Maintenance Technicians through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of good maintenance practices.
- Directs, schedules and performs:
- Preventative maintenance tasks and minor mechanical repairs to material-handling and other Distribution Center (DC) equipment.
- Preventative, corrective, and predictive maintenance on high-tech automated equipment.
- Directs and uses Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)-generated preventive maintenance worksheets to maintain distribution machinery and equipment according to the manufacturer’s recommendations and good maintenance practices.
- Maintains a safe work environment by documenting and correcting potential safety issues concerning material-handling equipment or distribution center facility.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Associate’s degree in Industrial or Maintenance Technology AND at least 3 years of maintenance experience in a facilities, United States Armed Forces, distribution and/or manufacturing environment OR at least 5 years of maintenance experience in a facilities, United States Armed Forces, distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- At least 3 years experience with industrial electricity including single-phase and three-phase power, motors, protective devices and/or photo sensors.
- At least 3 years experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) logic principles.
- At least 3 years experience uploading and downloading Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), System Control Software (SCSs), and scanners.
- At least 3 years experience with electronics such as photo sensors, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), remote Input/Output modules (I/Os), servo drives, and variable frequency drives.
- Willing and able to climb to the 100-foot level to make repairs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to lift parts and tools weighing up to 80 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to perform tasks which include repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking with or without reasonable accommodation.
At least 1 year experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
No saved jobs
Take a Look
corporate & distribution
Help people get and
well every day.