DUANE READE CASHIERLocation 2409 BROADWAY , NEW YORK, NY Apply
A cashier is the last point of sale so the cashier should be able to leave a lasting impression on the customer to want to come back. A Cashier is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and safeguarding company assets.
• Greet customers entering Duane Reade location
• Process all sale transactions by receiving payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
• Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
• Register customers for the Dollar Reward Savings Club card.
• Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
• Compute and record totals of transactions.
• Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
• Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
• Issue trading stamps, and redeem food stamps and coupons (if applicable).
• Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
• Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
• Resolve customer complaints.
• Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
• Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
• Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
• Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend hours.
• Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
• Prefer to have prior work experience with Duane Reade.
No saved jobs