Pharmacy Resident - Howard UniversityJob ID 193176BR Store 16049-WASHINGTON DC District 00879-COLUMBIA MD Apply
Walgreens and the Howard University College of Pharmacy are united in their commitment to train future champions in the community pharmacy arena. This postgraduate year one learning experience is based in our Nation’s Capital that serves a diverse patient population. Participation in this residency program that will encourage the resident’s creativity and enhance practice skills as they find ways to address unique healthcare challenges in the community pharmacy setting.
Under the guidance of preceptors, the residents will work towards achieving their professional goals, develop as leadersin the profession, and embrace the provision of compassionate care to members of the community. Also in accordance with the learn-teach-lead model, the resident will also develop and enhance their didactic and preceptor teaching skills by working with and serving as a model for pharmacy students in various stages of their training. In its ongoing commitment to lead the efforts in training a cadre of community pharmacy leaders, Walgreens continues to invest in the future of the profession and advance healthcare.
Residency Learning Opportunities
-Bedside medication delivery and counseling
-Community pharmacy multi-unit management and business operations
-Serving as a preceptor for IPPE and APPE students
-Advocacy for local pharmacy policy and community outreach
-Design and conduct a practice-based research project
-Presentations at regional and national professional meetings
-Disease state management programs in hematology, HIV/AIDS, oncology, transplant, and Hepatitis C
-Executing marketing strategy for the promotion of patient care services
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from a college or school of pharmacy accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- Completion of 400 practice experience hours prior to the start of the residency program
- District of Columbia pharmacist license within 90 days of the start of the residency program
- Submission of residency application materials to Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS)
- Individuals must participate in and adhere to the rules of the ASHP Resident Matching Program.
- Certified Immunizer or willing to become an immunizer within 90 days of hire.
No saved jobs
Take a Look
corporate & distribution
Help people get and
well every day.