Senior Director, Business ArchitectureJob ID 531648BR Location 104 WILMOT RD , DEERFIELD, IL
Walgreens has always excelled at innovating, whether it was inventing the world’s first chocolate malt or revolutionizing pharmacies with drive-through service and satellite technology. Today, innovative ideas are no longer “icing on the cake” – they’re critical to the success of our business. Which is why, at Walgreens, we have developed a culture and strategic IT framework to ensure that we are winning with our people, operating efficiently, leading in innovation, delivering solid results and establishing a truly global presence.
Our employees know what it takes to stay ahead of current trends and help patients be well every day. The following attributes are critical to your success in this role. Additional, related traits are also listed below.
- Results Driven
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Walgreens is a trusted wellness provider with care being at the heart of our business. From our retail stores to our distribution centers and our support center to our pharmacies, our team members have an opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
IT CAREERS OVERVIEW
Get your career to the cutting edge of healthcare. Learn more about IT careers at Walgreens.Learn More
“Our team members, which are pharmacy techs and pharmacists need our system to be able to fill prescriptions for patients. So we know we’ve done a good job when that system is working well and they can get that patient back out the door quickly.”– Suzzette, Senior Director, Information Technology: Store Systems-Pharmacy Delivery
Walgreens to implement voice-powered AI technology in storesLearn more
Paid Time Off
- Job Summary
This role is part of the OneIT global enterprise architecture team and is accountable for the overall business architecture practice. This role leads the practice by example by clarifying strategy and vision through the mastery of facilitation and business architecture methodologies to create an integration and alignment of business capabilities with IT services to position WBA to deliver against transformative business challenges. This architecture domain drives maturity assessments, roadmaps, investment decisions, portfolio alignment aligned to achieve business values and outcomes. This role forms and leads the business architecture community across all WBA divisions by encouraging engagement and mentoring architects and subject matter experts to leverage a matured practice methodology.
This role guides multiple enterprise strategic programs and initiatives while building strong trusted relationships across WBA with business and IT stakeholders. The Business Architecture leader also develops, guides and oversees the architecture governance processes in partnership with their practice leading peers, ensuring proposed recommendations adhere with business architecture principles, methodology and applicable strategy.
This role will embody the WBA ONE IT-vision and act in line with the vison of the global enterprise IT strategy.
The role reports to the VP OneIT Enterprise Architecture. Outcomes directed have a significant impact on the organization's short- and long-term results, specific customers and/or partners.
- Collaborates with IT leadership in the design and development of the strategic direction and vision for IT and Enterprise Architecture.
- Develops and maintains the WBA enterprise architecture in alignment with the overall IT vision, supporting the strategic needs of the business and using business capabilities as anchors to articulate the path forward.
- Creates and implements a high level roadmap to guide and shape the delivery of new IT assets and migration of existing assets towards the enterprise application architecture.
- Creates a deep understanding of critical company strategies and execution models across the enterprise and acts as an internal business strategy consultant, offering services which compete with external consulting firms.
- Develops and establishes standards and polices for IT business architecture assets such as the enterprise capability model, and collaborates with business and IT teams to inventory, classify and align existing IT assets.
- Sponsors and directs architecture governance processes to enable Sr. IT leadership to direct investment towards strategically and financially appropriate activities.
- Collaborates across business unit IT functions to identify opportunities to leverage common strategies, workstreams, solutions and to extend the adoption of standards.
- Facilitates the communication of architecture best practices throughout the architecture community and the IT organization by participating in leadership forums, architecture councils.
- Performs as an idea generator, working with others as a thought leader and subject- matter expert to help brainstorm new processes and solutions. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Transfers knowledge and collaborates across functional lines and/or across departments. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Sets financial, operational and quality objectives for projects and activities and develops master operational plans. Plans, develops and manages departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Directs through directors and managers who mentor, coach and evaluate their responsive teams and develop employees through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Uses technology and industry knowledge to anticipate and understand the implications of the latest technologies to communicate and evangelize them to appropriate audiences and to integrate these technologies appropriately into products and programs.
- Engages staff and peers in the WBA company vision, Champions our Customers (internal as well as external as appropriate), Drives for results setting high personal standards and demanding the same of others. Demonstrates courage and willingness to anticipate and drive positive change. Has a restless desire to innovate and go further. Sets an example to others through actively demonstrating and living the WBA Vision, Purpose and Values.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, and through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and well-being products. The company’s size, scale and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
The company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8 years of IT experience at a senior level OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 11 years of IT experience at a senior level.
Experience leading technology teams and setting technology direction.
At least 7 years of experience working in Enterprise Architecture in a corporate, international environment.
Experience managing and leading cross-functional teams.
Experience with change management though process engineering and/or participating in or leading large-scale IT change / transformation programs
Stakeholder management experience in a large matrix organization
Experience managing teams across wide geographies
At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
At least 5 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
Travel Requirements: (if required)
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle,
Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8 years of IT experience at a senior level OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 11 years of IT experience at a senior level.
- Experience leading technology teams and setting technology direction.
- At least 7 years of experience working in Enterprise Architecture in a corporate, international environment.
- Experience managing and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience with change management though process engineering and/or participating in or leading large-scale IT change / transformation programs
- Stakeholder management experience in a large matrix organization
- Experience managing teams across wide geographies
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- International experience having lived and/or worked in at least two countries
- Fluency in English with knowledge of at least one other European language
- Experience in Retail and/or pharmaceutical wholesale or healthcare
No saved jobs