Diversity & Inclusion
Be yourself. Bring your best.
At Walgreens you'll find a team positively energized by the unique talents, ideas, experiences and aspirations of every individual. In other words, you can be your authentic self in our stores, offices and other workplaces, and be comfortable and confident that what matters most here is doing your best to make health and well-being within reach for everyone on a daily basis.
Walgreens has a proud legacy of valuing diversity and fostering inclusion more than 100 years-strong, and we're still living that commitment. We intend to be recognized as a “Next Practices” company for diversity and inclusion – one whose cultures, people, perspectives and workplaces reflect the current and future customers we serve while delivering superior business performance.
We’re proud to share some of the ways we’ve recently been recognized for our commitment to a diverse and inclusive culture and workplace:
- 100% HRC Corporate Equality Index
- 100 percent on the 2020 Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative by Disability:IN and the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)
- 2020 Leading Disability Employer, National Organization on Disability
- Best of the Best: Top Supplier Diversity Programs for African Americans, Black Equal Opportunity Employment Journal
- Best of the Best: Top Supplier Diversity Programs for Hispanics/Latinos, Hispanic Network Magazine
- Best of the Best: Top Supplier Diversity Programs for Women, Professional Woman's Magazine
- Best of the Best: Top Supplier Diversity Programs for Veterans, U.S. Veterans Magazine
Although there is still more work to be done, we have made significant progress in building an even better, more inclusive and customer-led Walgreens. Read our latest annual report, to learn more.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please visit the diversity and inclusion section of our company site.
Business Resource Groups
Through their programs, events and initiatives, Walgreens Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help attract, engage, develop and retain diverse talent, and they help to enhance Walgreens brand, reputation and community engagement. All nine grassroots networks of team members are committed to making Walgreens an even more diverse and inclusive employer and retailer of choice.
Walgreens Supports Diversity in Pharmacy Education
Walgreens is committed to promoting diversity within all schools and colleges of pharmacy. Each year, since 2008, Walgreens has donated over a million dollars to this cause – with approximately half going to students in the form of scholarships and the remainder being donated to accredited pharmacy schools in the US and Puerto Rico. With our continued support, we are helping to increase the enrollment of and provide educational assistance to students in underrepresented communities.