Walgreens has been evolving along with the pharmacy profession for over 100 years, so we know what it takes to stay ahead of current trends and help our patients be well every day. Over the past few years, Walgreens has used its many years of success as an anchor as we continue to expand, to innovate and to put pharmacy at the forefront of our growth.
Pharmacy practice at Walgreens embraces an unmatched standard of quality care, and encourages pharmacists to take on new clinical roles in the community. As a pharmacist, this means Walgreens can offer unparalleled opportunities to advance your career and impact your patients’ health and daily living. Through focused efforts to allow greater access to patient care and provide additional services such as immunizations, medication therapy management, and health testing, Walgreens pharmacists can look forward to practicing at the highest level at over 9,500 locations in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. In addition to retail pharmacy, Walgreens offers opportunities in clinics, specialty pharmacy, infusion pharmacy, and in various corporate settings.
As a Walgreens pharmacist or pharmacy technician, you’ll have numerous opportunities for career growth and a wide range of locations from which to choose. You can work as a community pharmacist in one of our retail locations, as an onsite pharmacist or within a hospital or a business – just to name a few of the possibilities. It’s the chance to hone your skills and advance in a company where our pharmacists are uniquely valued. Click the links below to learn more.
At Walgreens, you will play a personal role within your community by ensuring that your patients receive the medication and care that they need. It’s everything from immunizations and patient consultations to training and mentoring our pharmacy technicians.
We have over 9,500 community locations nationwide, giving you the opportunity to join the Walgreens family in just about any climate and geographic area you find appealing. If you are interested in a pharmacist role with Walgreens, we encourage you to apply online.
Pharmacy Technician/ Pharm Tech Apprenticeship
Our pharmacy technician positions have undergone an exciting transformation, moving from a transaction-based environment to a much more patient-centric one. As a Walgreens Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Technician Apprentice, you'll be front and center – interacting with our customers and developing strong patient relationships. Pharmacy is the core of our business, and our pharmacy technicians enjoy all the tools and support – including the latest technology – to grow their careers and reach their goals.
Walgreens is proud to invest & champion an “earn while you learn” Pharmacy Technician Training Program recognized by ASHP & Department of Labor. This apprenticeship program gives you an entry point to a career in health care by guiding you in taking steps towards becoming a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certified Pharmacy Technician and helping you maintain the high level of skill required in the pharmacy care industry. Arming you with a nationally recognized, portable credential that will help you advance your career.
Whether you are new to working in pharmacies or are an experienced Pharmacy Technician Apply Now! Walgreens will train you to use your skills and talents to serve and care for our patients and customers. The courses, learning activities, and resources provided to you in our pharmacy technician training program are designed to give you foundational and advanced knowledge, skills, and on-the-job experiences you need to prepare to become a certified pharmacy technician. To learn more about the Apprenticeship, click here.
On-site/Work Site Pharmacist
For Walgreens, convenience is more than just building stores where customers need us. We’ve also established on-site pharmacies at both medical sites and work sites. Whether you’re working in a hospital, specialty clinic, medical office building, or support center, this is a unique opportunity to excel in a more autonomous environment.
As a Medical Site Pharmacist, you could:
- Consult with medical staff to develop clinical programs
- Provide medication consultation and bedside delivery for patients, including those with complex health conditions
- Arrange home care services for patients who require continued care after discharge
As a Work Site Pharmacist, you could:
- Oversee and implement strategies for promoting generic utilization, formulary efficiency, and other clinical programs
- Conduct private patient counseling
- Participate in wellness and health screening programs.
The Walgreens Community-Based Residency Programs takes the focus on patient care to the next level by providing postgraduate pharmacists the opportunity to enhance their professional skills in advanced clinical pharmacy based settings.
Click the links below to learn more about our Community Pharmacy Resident program:
- Mercer University and Walgreens-Atlanta, Georgia
- MCPHS University and Walgreens-Boston, Massachusetts
- Walgreens and Northeastern University-Boston, Massachusetts
- University of North Carolina and Walgreens-Chapel Hill and Asheville, North Carolina
- Walgreens and the University of Illinois at Chicago-Chicago, Illinois
- Walgreens and the University of Cincinnati-Cincinnati, Ohio
- Campbell University and Walgreens-Dunn, North Carolina
- Walgreens and the University of Houston-Houston, Texas
- Walgreens and Purdue University-Indianapolis, Indiana
- Walgreens-Jackson, Mississippi
- Walgreens-Kansas City, Missouri
- University of Rhode Island and Walgreens-Kingston, Rhode Island
- Walgreens and Sullivan University-Louisville, Kentucky
- Walgreens and Nova Southeastern University-Miami, Florida
- Walgreens and the University of Minnesota-Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Walgreens and Rutgers University-New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University and Walgreens-Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Walgreens and Midwestern University-Phoenix, Arizona
- Walgreens and the University of California-San Francisco, San Francisco California
- Western New England University and Walgreens-Springfield, Massachusetts
- St Louis College of Pharmacy and Walgreens-St Louis, Missouri
- Walgreens and Howard University-Washington DC
- MCPHS University and Walgreens-Worcester, Massachusetts
Our specialty pharmacy division assists those living with chronic illnesses and complicated disease states by helping them access the best quality healthcare available. Here, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with clinics, organizations and hospitals devoted to treating particular diseases, in order to provide their patients with convenient and comprehensive care.
Have questions about immigration issues? Wondering about visa classifications or other required documents? Visit our International Pharmacy Resource Center now to learn what steps every foreign national should be aware of when it comes to becoming a licensed pharmacist in the United States.