Pharmacy Micro Fulfillment Center
Our Pharmacy Micro Fulfillment Centers are the pharmacies of the future! What is Pharmacy Micro Fulfillment? It's a pharmacy network of facilities that dispenses and ships a variety of prescriptions to Walgreens retail stores. We’re using innovative, robotic technology in a central pharmacy environment. Together, we’re making lives healthier and simpler by reaching thousands of patients with life-saving medications each day.
Learn More About Our Pharmacy Micro Fulfillment Center
Interested in learning more about how a pharmacy micro fulfillment center works? Take a step inside our pharmacy micro fulfillment center in Tolleson, AZ to see how robots are filling prescriptions, which is freeing up our team members to take care of our patients in our stores.
Jobs within the Pharmacy Micro Fulfilment Center
Team Members (Pharmacy Technicians, Fulfillment Specialist, Inventory Lead, Customer Care Advocate): Responsible for filling, processing and shipping prescription orders to stores from the Micro Fulfillment Center.
Function Leaders: Responsible for acting as the front -line leader for Micro fulfillment center. Provides daily support to team members ensuring they have all that is needed to support our Walgreen's patients and customers.
Group Supervisor: Responsible for supervision of front-line leaders within the Micro fulfillment center. Provides daily support to team members and Function Leads to ensure they provide a first in class experience to Walgreen's patients.
Human Resources: Accountable for leading and overseeing the delivery of Human Resources products, services, and employee solutions to the onsite teams in partnership with leaders.
Onsite IT Lead: Serves as central IT contact to ensure equipment and networks are maintained.
Maintenance Technician: Maintains a safe environment by ensuring the site functions properly.
Click here to meet one of our current employees
Investments in You
We’ve made some pretty big moves behind the counter and beyond. It’s everything from investments in new wellness resources to bold increases in pharmacy micro-fulfillment that free you to focus on your patients. Not to mention the over $455 million we invested in better compensation and financial incentives for pharmacists. We're building a better pharmacy. And that should make everyone feel a whole lot better.
- Increased base pay for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians and provided additional bonuses
- Elimination of task-based metrics for pharmacy staff performance reviews, allowing pharmacists greater focus on patient care
- Enhanced the annual merit review process in fiscal year 2022 to provide compensation increases or lump sum payments for Walgreens pharmacists
- Infrastructure enhancements and technology investments
- Investment in pharmacy micro-fulfillment sites to handle as much as 40%-50% of our retail volume - freeing our pharmacists to focus on their patient care
- Introduction of a whole-person-health initiative for our team members - Be Well Connected - which includes a range of mental health and wellness resources for you and your family
- Hybrid Pharmacist role (currently in Proof of Concept and available in select locations) to allow pharmacists to split their time between a traditional in-store pharmacy setting and remote/office environment caring for patients, processing prescriptions and answer patient questions all from a centralized office location