We’ve made some pretty big moves behind the counter and beyond. It’s everything from investments in new wellness resources to bold increases in pharmacy micro-fulfillment that free you to focus on your patients. Not to mention the over $455 million we invested in better compensation and financial incentives for pharmacists. We're building a better pharmacy. And that should make everyone feel a whole lot better.
- Increased base pay for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians and provided additional bonuses
- Elimination of task-based metrics for pharmacy staff performance reviews, allowing pharmacists greater focus on patient care
- Enhanced the annual merit review process in fiscal year 2022 to provide compensation increases or lump sum payments for Walgreens pharmacists
- Infrastructure enhancements and technology investments
- Investment in pharmacy micro-fulfillment sites to handle as much as 40%-50% of our retail volume - freeing our pharmacists to focus on their patient care
- Introduction of a whole-person-health initiative for our team members - Be Well Connected - which includes a range of mental health and wellness resources for you and your family
- Hybrid Pharmacist role (currently in Proof of Concept and available in select locations) to allow pharmacists to split their time between a traditional in-store pharmacy setting and remote/office environment caring for patients, processing prescriptions and answer patient questions all from a centralized office location