Industrial Engineer, Labor Management Systems
Address: 5100 LAKE TER NE,MOUNT VERNON,IL,62864-09679-00008-WJob ID 731497BR
Responsible for maintaining and implementing Engineered Labor Standards for assigned distribution center, and managing an Analyst that will support the program. Development and maintenance of all labor standards in the Labor Management System, ensuring SOPs are up to date, and any process changes are updated in both. Accountable for reporting, training, and gain share tracking within the Distribution Center. Will work closely with DC leadership on program performance, and budget planning. Assist in rolling out the LMS project by providing comprehensive Industrial Engineering labor standard services for assigned Distribution Center Operations. Partners with Corporate and Distribution Center leadership to develop and meet strategic goals and drive continuous improvement. Champions LMS with all levels throughout the Distribution Center, and collaborating with I.E. in other DC to collaborate on improvements.
• Responsible for maintaining and implementing Engineered Labor Standards for assigned distribution center. Continually monitors and analyzes existing processes to ensure opportunities for improvement are identified and analyzed for return on investment.
• Accountable for the labor management system changes and updates. Identifies operational improvements influencing one or more distribution centers.
• Manages team whose daily tasks are to ensure data is accurate and supporting the DC and HR staff with LMS issues, questions, and training.
• Support the rollout of the LMS in home DC, and other DC within the network. May require travel for length of time while supporting the implementation.
• Work in alignment with other DC I.E. and DC leadership on LMS system changes, gain share program, and tracking programs financials working with the Finance team.
• Partners with Distribution Center management and LEAN team to identify, implement and support process improvement projects by focusing on cost-reduction and improvements in safety and quality. Creates and recommends optimal solutions that meet the needs of the senior management or business leaders.
• Partners with Distribution Center management by participating in lean process improvement and safety improvement activities. Participates in daily management planning meetings and long term operational planning. Provides advice, analysis, and recommendations to distribution center management to assist in the planning, implementation and design of process improvements or process changes.
• Responsible for the development of engineered solutions that improve cost productivity, inventory productivity, product availability, or safety in the supply chain. Accountable for achieving these goals through the utilization of discrete labor standards, lean / Six Sigma, and other Industrial Engineering methods to foster a culture of continuous improvement.
• Oversees the application of policies and procedures in compliance with company and government regulatory rules and policies for their area of responsibility.
• Investigate various sources of information to identify best practices and benchmarks for operational processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering and at least 2 years of experience in Manufacturing, Pharmacy, Distribution, or Supply Chain Engineering; OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years in Manufacturing, Pharmacy, Distribution, or Supply Chain Engineering.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a continuous improvement role in a Manufacturing, Distribution, or Supply Chain environment.
- At least 2 years of experience in calculating and managing discrete labor standards using PMTS, MOST and/or MSD.
- Experience in using Labor Management System such as Blue Yonder/JDA/Red Prairie.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel to calculate and track labor management standards (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering (BSIE) and at least 3 years of experience in a Distribution, Fulfillment Center or Manufacturing environment.
- At least 2 years of experience in managing Labor Management Standards or time studies, and LEAN methodology and Six Sigma processes.
- At least 2 years of experience with distribution center productivity, quality improvement projects, running statistical analyses such as SPC (statistical process control).
- Experience in the design and management of LMS incentive pay for performance programs.
- Experience running statistical analyses such as SPC (statistical process control).
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in project development and process improvements.
Want to make a difference in your neighborhood and in people’s lives? The possibilities are wide open.Learn more