Responsible for supporting the implementation of strategies for one or several assigned sourcing projects or ongoing management of spend category families; supports the oversight for sourcing events in complex categories; supporting the development of cross-functional teams; assisting with vendor relationships; and driving reporting and tracking for assigned spend categories. With a focus on building a high performance supply base, this role will be accountable for driving profit enhancement and enabling differentiated product development.
- Supports the implementation of strategies for assigned categories or projects; supports improvement objectives regarding experiences and savings into viable category plans; works with Category Sourcing Manager and Senior Category Sourcing Manager or Director to define the sourcing strategy to follow including suppliers list and the criticality for materials and services. Manages reporting for categories they support.
- Supports the management of on-going vendor relationships and supplier performance across multiple categories of portfolio; ensures regular supplier meetings takes place and implements improvement strategies with suppliers.
- Following procurement strategies, policies and procedures as defined by the Director, Americas Sourcing, develops a comprehensive understanding of business and user requirements for assigned spend categories.
- Supports the business relationship with functional stakeholders and solicits feedback on sourcing and vendor performance, share and discuss supply base opportunities, and identify new and changed needs.
- Supports the development of cross-functional teams by identifying internal customers and stakeholders for inclusion; interfaces with internal customers to understand requirements and resolves key operational issues; involves key stakeholders in sourcing development and execution; informs Sourcing Director or VP of conflicts between stakeholder requirements and sourcing strategy.
- Supports and partners with Category Sourcing Managers / Sr. Sourcing Managers to deliver breakthrough levels of performance by deploying exceptional leadership skills, and continuous coaching of cross-functional teams.
- Contributes to the development of standards for conducting internal and external research on supply market and competitive activities. Ensures the highest levels of insight is generated; under-takes or ensures the identification of supply market economics and trends; ensures the identification of qualified supply base, maintains market information on suppliers and drives optimization of the supply base.
- Leads the tactical implementation of category sourcing strategies for assigned category portfolio (or projects).
- Supports category sourcing strategies through the development and implementation of RFI’s and RFP’s, documents bid events through correspondence to suppliers; supports selection criteria through performing the initial research and provides input in the selection of suppliers in collaboration with a cross-functional team; supports supplier negotiations through building initial model and obtaining offers; collaborates with Legal to establish contracts, and performs critical tactical activities as needed including contract management, purchase order processing and implementing improvement plans; uses procurement tools and systems to create operational efficiency and visibility across the enterprise; identifies and pursues ad hoc opportunities to reduce product/service costs.
- Helps drive tracking and reporting for assigned spend areas; develops tracking mechanisms and supplier key performance indicators with the Senior Category Sourcing Manager/Director; tracks compliance and develops leakage reports; supports formal management reporting to Director and other members of senior management.
- Collaborates with Analysts, Category Specialists, Category Managers and Directors across the retail divisions on key projects. Works with the Legal department to establish contracts, and perform critical tactical activities as needed.
- Supports the development and implementation of business plans and budgets, including long-range objectives, performance goals and metrics. Supports material dollar negotiations, which have a significant impact of WBA Retail Divisions cash flow and financial models.