Principal Information Architect - User ExperienceJob ID 492029BR Location 433 W VAN BUREN STREET , CHICAGO, IL
Walgreens has always excelled at innovating, whether it was inventing the world’s first chocolate malt or revolutionizing pharmacies with drive-through service and satellite technology. Today, innovative ideas are no longer “icing on the cake” – they’re critical to the success of our business. Which is why, at Walgreens, we have developed a culture and strategic IT framework to ensure that we are winning with our people, operating efficiently, leading in innovation, delivering solid results and establishing a truly global presence.
Our employees know what it takes to stay ahead of current trends and help patients be well every day. The following attributes are critical to your success in this role. Additional, related traits are also listed below.
- Results Driven
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Walgreens is a trusted wellness provider with care being at the heart of our business. From our retail stores to our distribution centers and our support center to our pharmacies, our team members have an opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
IT CAREERS OVERVIEW
Get your career to the cutting edge of healthcare. Learn more about IT careers at Walgreens.Learn More
“Our team members, which are pharmacy techs and pharmacists need our system to be able to fill prescriptions for patients. So we know we’ve done a good job when that system is working well and they can get that patient back out the door quickly.”– Suzzette, Senior Director, Information Technology: Store Systems-Pharmacy Delivery
Walgreens to implement voice-powered AI technology in storesLearn more
Paid Time Off
The Principal User Experience Designer / Information Architect will be responsible for developing high profile and highly complex web, mobile and cross channel user experience designs through individual contribution and participation in teams. Sets UX vision for project work. May work across multiple User Experience teams. Performance output will include complex adhoc deliverables such as site heuristic reviews, site maps, user flows, wireframes, design specifications, usability test results analyses, experience design briefs, etc. The User Experience Architect will work with experience design leads and the User Experience group leadership, Delivery and program/project managers, internal business clients, creative teams and information technologists.
- Creates site maps, flows, wireframes, and design specifications; analyzes usability test results; and develops user experience design briefs. Follows established practices and style guidelines when designing experience solutions and understands the rationale for their use and level of importance. Works with the “voice of the online customer” in mind and works in alignment with the Walgreens brand. Seeks out consumer data and web analytics when developing experience solutions.
- Works with Business Analysts in the development of use cases required to document the business rules and expected online customer behaviors and identify areas of difficulty in the customer experience.
- Participates in, contributes to and may lead project reviews; collaborates with the User Experience group in the development and promotion of, and compliance to, experience design standards.
- Develops and executes interface design solutions related to information layout and user experience
- Works on high profile and highly complex projects. Leads small project teams of UX and Visual Designers. Assesses products positioning and role within the online organizatin's sites, products and services
- Develops and writes interactive and functional specifications.
- Reviews competing products and recommends design solutions that differentiate the organization's products from those of competitors.
- Develops, tests and refines prototypes. Develops new research and tests theories that lead to alternative, leading edge design solutions
- Applies latest technological advances and user interface practices to evaluate applications and functionality and designs necessary solutions. Applies knowledge of human cognitive development or response
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years experience in eCommerce OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 7 years experience in E-Commerce.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing, tracking details, and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience interacting with creative teams, business owners and/or technical teams
- Experience performing usability testing.
- Experience participating in, and defining, user experience processes including identifying best practices.
- Experience with page design / wireframing programs, such as Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, or Visio.
- Experience with E-Commerce languages used to create structured web documents, such as HTML, JAVA, AJAX
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree in Interactive Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or similar
- Interactive agency or consulting experience
- Experience managing a user experience team
No saved jobs