This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We’re taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe’s Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Responsible for analyzing and recommending the Company retail cash price (Cash, Prescription Savings Club) for prescription drugs. Maintains fact base to support pricing decisions: MAC (Maximum Allowable Cost) list, Competitive Shop, etc. Provides price list to operational team to change individual item prices in the Company system, per guidelines approved by the segment team and relevant internal governance. Monitors performance of pricing changes including impact on third-party pricing, in cooperation with contract compliance team. As directed, scopes and completes analysis on projects in the Healthcare Segment Development team.
- Using financial models, strategizes and analyzes individual drug retails (for both cash and Prescription Savings Club (PSC) pricing) in order to deliver desired reimbursement and optimize usual and customary percent while driving market share of price sensitive customers. Provides pricing analysis throughout the lifecycle of each drug, including introduction and impacts of new generics, cost changes, etc.
- Recommends new store pharmacy pricing levels by reviewing trade area competition and surrounding Company pharmacy pricing levels.
- If requested, attends and facilitates annual pre figure meetings with district managers (DM), and market vice presidents (MVP). Develops and analyzes reports used to determine pharmacy performance and market level competitive environment. Recommends Pharmacy Pricing strategy and pricing levels to the MVP, DM. Considers ad hoc requests from operations regarding custom strategy needs, custom shops and custom performance reports.
- Provides support to the field by answering questions and addressing issues. Assists management in distributing field support work among the pricing analysts to ensure all issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Using SQL based tools, creates and runs queries used for data mining and analytics to support other job responsibilities and ad hoc projects.
- Manages assigned non-recurring projects. Examples include: system enhancements and IT work, buyout and acquisition strategy, creation of financial models, post analytics regarding volume and profit impact of past pricing strategy changes, custom market level pricing strategy projects, competitive intelligence investigations, pricing tests and pilots, consumer research and company level pricing strategy initiatives.