IT Support Specialist Distribution CenterJob ID 662585BR Location 28 GATEWAY COMMERCE CENTER DR W , EDWARDSVILLE, IL
Walgreens has always excelled at innovating, whether it was inventing the world’s first chocolate malt or revolutionizing pharmacies with drive-through service and satellite technology. Today, innovative ideas are no longer “icing on the cake” – they’re critical to the success of our business. Which is why, at Walgreens, we have developed a culture and strategic IT framework to ensure that we are winning with our people, operating efficiently, leading in innovation, delivering solid results and establishing a truly global presence.
Our employees know what it takes to stay ahead of current trends and help patients be well every day. The following attributes are critical to your success in this role. Additional, related traits are also listed below.
- Results Driven
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Walgreens is a trusted wellness provider with care being at the heart of our business. From our retail stores to our distribution centers and our support center to our pharmacies, our team members have an opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
IT CAREERS OVERVIEW
Get your career to the cutting edge of healthcare. Learn more about IT careers at Walgreens.Learn More
“Our team members, which are pharmacy techs and pharmacists need our system to be able to fill prescriptions for patients. So we know we’ve done a good job when that system is working well and they can get that patient back out the door quickly.”– Suzzette, Senior Director, Information Technology: Store Systems-Pharmacy Delivery
Walgreens to implement voice-powered AI technology in storesLearn more
Paid Time Off
Responsible for installation, upgrades, troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software on or related to desktop pc’s, printers, pc hardware systems, pc networks, LAN and RF devices. Must possess strong interpersonal, decision making, problem solving and analytical skills. Schedule may include a variety of shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Installs, upgrades, troubleshoots and repairs of hardware and software on or related to desktop pc’s, printers, pc hardware systems, pc networks, LAN and RF devices.
- Runs and monitors batch jobs such as integrated store order processing and prints picking documentation (labels)
- Troubleshoots as first level support any problems experienced by production equipment.
- Provides technical support for standard and proprietary desktop software. Relate to a diverse group of people, including team members, senior management, business customers, and vendors with courtesy and in a constructive, professional manner.
- Provides information for standard desktop relocations and set up, by investigating and asking appropriate questions to support end-user needs.
- Lifts and transports PC’s, monitors, terminals and printers for deployment. Performs repairs or coordinates with vendors on more complex repairs.
- Maintains and troubleshoots networking problems and systems (PC networking including switches and cabling, RF wireless systems, etc)
- Maintains and troubleshoots proprietary material handling software and systems from vendors such as Dematic and Schaefer
- Answers questions regarding PC/printer software/hardware issues, and makes IT recommendations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- High School Diploma/GED and previous experience in a technical support function.
- Knowledge of equipment pieces, including printers, terminals, PCs, RF communication hardware, etc.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and operating systems.
- Knowledge of various software, such as Microsoft Windows operating system, MSOffice Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer.
- Experience following processes, recommending improvements, translating technical terms to non-technical users, solving technical problems and working in a team environment.
- Hours of support may require weekend, holiday and/or off-hours shift coverage.
- Associate’s Degree or technical degree.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Preferred Certificate in Network Plus, Microsoft, Cisco or CompTIA.
- Experience at a distribution center or manufacturing environment.
- Experience identifying and working with basic electronics, such as computer components, A/V equipment, RF devices, etc.
- Knowledge of coding and/or programming (such as Visual Basic, HTML, PHP, ASP).
- Experience building and maintaining databases (such as Web, Access and SQL).
- Knowledge of network topologies.
- Experience coordinating service requests with appropriate IT team.
- Experience with operating production laser printers, such as OCE and Xerox, and thermal transfer printers.
No saved jobs