Work from Home Pharmacy TechnicianJob ID 682162BR Location 10090 RUSHING RD , EL PASO, TX
At Walgreens Centralized Services, we rely on our team of call center/work from home Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and Customer Care Specialists to support our customers and retail partners across the United States. This allows our in-store Pharmacy teams to spend more time focusing on the communities we serve. We empower our Centralized Services team to ensure that we provide extraordinary customer care. In addition to work from home careers, we also have on-location opportunities at our centers in Muscle Shoals, AL; Orlando, FL; Miami Lakes, FL and Chandler, AZ.
Click here to learn about one of our call center agents helping our customers during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Our employees know what it takes to stay ahead of current trends and help patients be well every day. The following attributes are critical to your success in this role. Additional, related traits are also listed below.
- Good listener
- Problem Solver
- Team player
Walgreens is a trusted wellness provider with care being at the heart of our business. From our retail stores to our distribution centers and our support center to our pharmacies, our team members have an opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Call Center Careers Overview
Get your career to the cutting edge of healthcare. Learn more about Call Center careers at Walgreens.Learn more
"From day one, I couldn't have asked for a friendlier work environment filled with great people. What I love the most is that Walgreens Centralized Services has allowed me to use and expand my clinical knowledge while providing me with many new opportunities."– Jessica, Pharmacist
Jessica R. Pharmacist
Schniet A. Sr. Certified Pharmacy Tech
Amelia S. Specialist
Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage at 31 days of service.
Walgreens matches up to 4%.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
6 weeks of Disability & 8 weeks of Parental Leave at 100% pay after 6 months service.
Paid Time Off
Paid Time Off beginning at 180 days of service. Typical PTO accrual is 80 hours per year.
Six paid holidays per year. Eligible at six months of service.
In accordance with state and federal regulations, performs data entry and patient registration. Responsible for resolution of third party rejects and responding to high volume customer inquiries, working under direct supervision. Follows standard operating procedures and performs duties in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information. Duties may vary based on assigned department.
• Using Walgreens prescription data entry procedures and guidelines, processes new patient registration by entering data into appropriate system. Handles patient prescription requests within HIPAA guidelines and enters refill orders for processing. Troubleshoots to obtain missing prescription information, and interprets medical abbreviations (SIG codes). Resolves all data entry related exceptions.
• Handles correspondence to patients (inbound calls, chats, emails) and makes outbound calls to prescribers and patients as needed.
• Resolves Third Party Rejects by reviewing, gathering information, making corrections and resubmitting for processing according to individual plan requirements. Makes telephone calls to insurers and others to obtain information, gain override approval or otherwise resolve the Third Party Rejects.
• Provides assistance to Pharmacists, both those in the facility and those at other locations. Identifies and communicates issues to senior level staff as appropriate.
• Must obtain active technician license or certification within the first 90 days, and maintain a regular technician license or certification.
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents and/or access information on-line).
- Basic Search Engines skills to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online.
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills (at least 25 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents).
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- At least one year of pharmacy technician experience in a retail or call center environment.
- At least 18 months experience as a pharmacy technician with a certificate/registration by state as granted by the state Board of Pharmacy or nationally recognized certification agency.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Intermediate to advanced level keyboarding skills (at least 35 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents).
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
No saved jobs