Pharmacy Manager Local SpecialtyJob ID 223584BR Store 21213-GLENDALE AZ District 00847-PHOENIX AZ Shift Various Apply
- Ensures department personnel provide hospitable service and information; and are courteous, friendly, and efficient.
- Responds to customer inquiries and complaints, maintains and improves overall image of pharmacy department.
- Manages the operation of the pharmacy department.
- Improves prescription numbers, pharmacy sales, profit, and image through the accurate filling of prescriptions, and by providing courteous and efficient service to customers inclusive of patients, prescribers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers, and health systems.
- Reports prescription errors immediately and adheres to Company policies and procedures relating to prescription incidents and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Assures accurate and timely reporting of inventory for limited distribution drugs (LDD) when required (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Complies with all federal and state laws and regulations and Company policies governing all drugs and products; maintains required records, documentation, and reports.
- Recommends and implements asset protection controls and procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
- Improves and maintains pharmacy department housekeeping, maintenance, and appearance for the safety, health, and well-being of customers and employees, and ensures adherence to applicable government regulations and laws.
- Controls the store's safe and "bank," including electronic register readings, cash withdrawals, cash accounts, daily cash reports, cash over and short records, and other reports related to cash management.
- Assures proper operation and maintenance of pharmacy department systems and equipment.
- Maintains awareness of third party pharmacy business opportunities, and assures proper administration and implementation of third party pharmacy systems and procedures to lessen payment rejections. Resolves third party rejection problems promptly, and resubmits rejected claims for payment on a timely basis.
- Manages and controls Prescription Department inventory. Adheres to Company buying procedures, recommends and orders merchandise from proper internal and external sources.
- Coordinates and organizes pharmacy department daily schedule of activities.
- Manages pharmacy staffing by planning for and scheduling appropriate pharmacy hours in adherence with budgeting guidelines.
- Prepares, submits, and files various reports and records required by the Company and various government agencies.
- Works with the Registered Manager, Local Specialty Pharmacy to solicit third party prescription business and pursue opportunities to grow Walgreens’ Specialty businesses at the site.
- Specific to Health System Pharmacy locations: Responsible for assisting the RMGO by collaborating with internal strategic account management to deepen the relationship with the health system for overall growth of business at the site and within Walgreens.
- Implements department organization structure through proper hiring and placement, transferring of personnel, scheduling of work, assignment of responsibility, delegation of authority, promotion of personnel, layoffs, recalls, or effectively recommending the same.
- Maintains and improves performance of department through the building of employee morale and motivation, rewards employees, and addresses employee complaints where appropriate, and uses Constructive Discipline policies of Company to discipline, suspend, terminate, or effectively recommend the same. Utilizes Constructive Discipline policy to ensure compliance with state and federal laws by pharmacy department personnel.
- Assures EEO compliance through equity, consistency, and fairness; prevents workplace harassment; upholds the Open Door policy assuring no retaliation; communicates openly and honestly to employees at all times.
- Recommends allocation of pharmacy hours and support personnel; directs and attains payroll budget and controls use of overtime.
- Supervises pharmacy department team members to assure performance of required functions and adherence to Company policies and procedures. Ensures proper licensure of all pharmacy department personnel. Confirms pharmacy department employees are trained on all required functions regarding payer and pharmaceutical contractual requirements (adverse event reporting, data and inventory reporting, clinical management). Reaffirms with all pharmacy department personnel, on a regular basis, their obligations regarding the dispensing of prescriptions only in good faith.
- Develops department employees through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, and communication of rules.
- Audits own performance and recommends own objectives and standards of performance.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the pharmacy, health care, and retail management fields that relate to job responsibilities, and integrates them into own practices.
- Maintains and develops good working relationships with physicians and other health professionals. Works collaboratively, along with the Registered Manager, Local Specialty Pharmacy, with internal specialty sales account managers as well as strategic account managers of health systems to deepen relationships to drive growth of the business.
- Recommends, plans, and administers community and professional relations programs.
- Informs appropriate personnel of department’s plans, programs, and operations that affect their areas, and encourages feedback from all employees to increase productivity.
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D Degree from an accredited educational institute.
- Current pharmacist license in the states within the district (or willing to obtain in 1 year) per district guidelines.
- At least 1 year pharmacy experience including prescription filling and verification, records and legal compliance, pharmacy operations, pharmacy software and technology systems and insurance.
- Experience performing prescription dispensing activities that demonstrate a strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal controlled substance laws.
- Has completed specialized training regarding medication and disease state or has sufficient practical experience that is necessary to provide specialized services offered at clinic location (HIV, Organ Transplant, Oncology, etc.).
- Supervisory experience planning, organizing, and directing the work of pharmacy staff, preferably at a local specialty pharmacy.
- Overall score of Exceeds Expectations for the most recent performance review period and an overall s
No saved jobs
Take a Look
corporate & distribution
Help people get and
well every day.