Registered Manager Local SpecialtyJob ID 307184BR Store 16520-WAUKEGAN IL District 860-WAUWATOSA WI Apply
- Collaborates with providers to determine appropriateness of therapy. Educates patients on medication administration and expectations, side effect mitigation, and the importance of adherence. Regularly follows up with patients during the time of refills.
- Enrolls and follows patients through clinical management programs.
- Oversees the enrollment of patients with assistance programs, such as Chronic Disease Fund, confirming patient eligibility and all required reporting and documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of team members with regard to the documentation of patient management in the appropriate systems.
- Fully abides to all compliance policies inclusive of participating in the billing and submission of claims to government-sponsored health care programs, including Medicare, Medicaid, and all other third-party payers, as well as the facilitating of prior authorizations on behalf of prescribers.
- Works with the Pharmacy Manager toward the success of the pharmacy operation (scheduling, customer service, and in stock) and maintains a working knowledge of the pharmacy function.
- Directs the operation of the store (front-end and pharmacy departments).
- Improves prescription numbers, pharmacy sales, profit, and image through the accurate filling of prescriptions, and by providing courteous and efficient service to customers inclusive of patients, prescribers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers, and health systems.
- Provides direction to ensure that pharmacy department procedures and practices are in compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines. Also ensures compliance with internal regulatory bodies and contracts with payers and pharmaceutical manufacturers (BOP, DEA, Medicare, accreditation bodies, compounding, FDA, etc.).
- Complies with all federal and state laws and regulations and Company policies governing all drugs and products; maintains required records, documentation, and reports. Ensures completion of all required reporting.
- Assures accurate and timely reporting of inventory for limited distribution drugs (LDD) when required (daily, weekly, and monthly).
- Recommends and implements asset protection controls and procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
- Improves and maintains store condition, maintenance, and appearance for the safety, health, and well-being of customers and employees, and ensures adherence to applicable government regulations and laws.
- Controls the store's safe and "bank," including electronic register readings, cash withdrawals, cash accounts, daily cash reports, cash over and short records, and other reports related to cash management.
- Assures proper operation and maintenance of pharmacy department systems and equipment.
- Maintains awareness of third party pharmacy business opportunities, and assures proper administration and implementation of third party pharmacy systems and procedures to lessen payment rejections. Resolves third party rejection problems promptly, and resubmits rejected claims for payment on a timely basis.
- Manages and attains inventory budgets to include selecting and ordering new, promotional, and permanent merchandise; keeping stores in stock, and liquidating overstocked, slow-moving, and/or old store merchandise.
- Schedules employees so that there is adequate coverage for all areas.
- Implements store organization through proper hiring and placement, scheduling of work, assignment of responsibility, and delegation of authority.
- Coordinates and organizes pharmacy department daily schedule of activities.
- Prepares, submits, and files various reports and records required by the Company and various government agencies.
- Responsible for developing the business plan to grow the business at the site and within Walgreens working in conjunction with the District/Region leadership. Pursues opportunities to grow Walgreens market share at the site and within Walgreens Enterprise via other business opportunities.
- Specific to Health System Pharmacy locations: Responsible for collaborating with internal strategic account management to deepen the relationship with the health system for overall growth of business at the site and within Walgreens.
- Maintains and improves performance of department through the building of employee morale and motivation, rewards employees, and addresses employee complaints where appropriate, and uses Constructive Discipline policies of Company to discipline, suspend, terminate, or effectively recommend the same. Utilizes Constructive Discipline policy to ensure compliance with state and federal laws by pharmacy department personnel.
- Assures EEO compliance through equity, consistency, and fairness; prevents workplace harassment; upholds the Open Door policy assuring no retaliation; communicates openly and honestly to employees at all times.
- Manages staffing by planning for and scheduling appropriate hours in adherence with budgeting guidelines. Directs and attains payroll budget and controls use of overtime.
- In the absence of, or alongside the RXMO, supervises pharmacy department team members to assure performance of required functions and adherence to Company policies and procedures. Ensures proper licensure of all pharmacy department personnel. Confirms pharmacy department employees are trained on all required functions regarding payer and pharmaceutical contractual requirements (adverse event reporting, data and inventory reporting, clinical management). Reaffirms with all pharmacy department personnel, on a regular basis, their obligations regarding the dispensing of prescriptions only in good faith.
- Ensures proper licensure of all pharmacy department personnel. Confirms pharmacy department employees are trained on all required functions regarding payer and pharmaceutical contractual requirements (Adverse event reporting, data and inventory reporting, clinical management).
- Enforces all Company policies and procedures. Upholds federal, state, and local labor and employment laws.
- Develops employees through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of rules, and constructive discipline, while building employee morale, motivation, and loyalty.
- Identifies and develops store employees' abilities in preparation for promotional opportunities and to meet the changing needs of the Company.
- Audits own performance and recommends own objectives and standards of performance.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the pharmacy, health care, and retail management fields that relate to job responsibilities, and integrates them into own practices.
- Maintains and develops good working relationships with physicians and other health professionals. Works c
- BS in Pharmacy or PharmD Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Current pharmacist license in the state where the site is located or willing to obtain by position start date. Must maintain active license.
- At least 1 year pharmacy experience including prescription filling and verification, records and legal compliance, pharmacy operations, pharmacy software and technology systems and insurance.
- Experience performing prescription dispensing activities that demonstrate a strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal controlled substance laws.
- Has completed specialized training regarding medication and disease state or has sufficient practical experience that is necessary to provide specialized services offered at clinic location (HIV, Organ Transplant, Oncology, etc.)., or willing to complete within the first 6 months in the role.
- At least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members, or completion of a residency.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Masters or PharmD preferred.
- Experience with client resolution and exposure to Specialty Pharmacy.
- Experience supervising or staffing of local specialty pharmacies.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, develop
No saved jobs
Take a Look
corporate & distribution
Help people get and
well every day.