Director Concept Development - Healthcare ServicesJob ID 252361BR Location 106 WILMOT RD , DEERFIELD, IL Apply
Responsible for contributing to Company strategy and vision with creative and strategic adaptation and deployment of the Unified Design Standards for stores to be relevant and to ensure quality for all users. Responsible for leading the design direction through the development of project Scope of Work. Responsible for leading multiple areas of expert knowledge in building architecture, interior design guidelines and protocols according to state and local jurisdictional mandates, Company standards and best practices to ensure appropriate design of retail and non-retail buildings.
- Responsible for leading the design direction through the development of project Scope of Work for site specific retail and non retail projects, adapts Company Unified Design Standards, Guidelines, and Business Unit request, and communicates deviations, in alignment with Company business objectives.
- Understands, aligns, and contributes to enterprise wide strategy and vision. Participates in establishing annual divisional goals, setting the business strategy and driving organizational vision and creative direction.
- Drives business objectives at the highest possible quality and within established budgets. Uses a balance of innovation, analytics, and feedback to establish policies and procedures to ensure best in class customer service for our internal and external partners.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and inspires employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Leads change management efforts of the Scope of Work and manages the balance of business needs and quarterly updates of the Company Unified Design Standards against project scope schedule and budget.
- Drives continuous improvement processes and leads internal and external business partners to assure site specific quality control, and advocates continuous feedback to Development Team.
- Leads work cross-functionally to assure designs are within budget and best represent the brand identity.
- Subject matter expert in the negotiation consultant contracts and lead teams of design professionals retained for the design of the Scope of Work in compliance with Company Unified Design Standards and goals.
- Creatively drives the adaptation of Company Unified Design Standards, Guidelines, and Business Unit requests to the site specific Scope of Work.
- Drives the management of multiple project and programs costs through the development of the Scope of Work to align with business objectives.
- Brings deep understanding & innovation to future enhancements within stated discipline and expertise. Anticipate emerging trends and facilitate evaluation to organization.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of experience in Interior Design, Store Planning, and/or Architecture OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 13 years of experience in Interior Design, Store Planning, and/or Architecture.
- At least 8 years of experience managing and working with design guideline and design standards for multi unit retail.
- At least 8 years of architectural/site plan design, including items such as cost and quality control, material/equipment installation, bidding practices, material and labor costs.
- Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- At least 5 years experience in building, maintaining and managing large (<$12m) capital budgets.
- At least 8 years experience establishing, managing, and working with retail store planning and construction budgets.
- At least 4 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, performance improvement and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience in retail / healthcare industry.
- Experience on both the owner and consultant side of management.
- Master's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, or Business Administration.
- Certified as a Licensed Interior Designer
- Certification in Project Management (PMP) as granted by PMI.
- Member of USGBC and LEED Accredited Professional.
- Experience with ADA and International Building Codes.
No saved jobs
Take a Look
corporate & distribution
Help people get and
well every day.