Enterprise ArchitectJob ID 352520BR Location 106 WILMOT RD , DEERFIELD, IL
Walgreens has always excelled at innovating, whether it was inventing the world’s first chocolate malt or revolutionizing pharmacies with drive-through service and satellite technology. Today, innovative ideas are no longer “icing on the cake” – they’re critical to the success of our business. Which is why, at Walgreens, we have developed a culture and strategic IT framework to ensure that we are winning with our people, operating efficiently, leading in innovation, delivering solid results and establishing a truly global presence.
Our employees know what it takes to stay ahead of current trends and help patients be well every day. The following attributes are critical to your success in this role. Additional, related traits are also listed below.
- Results Driven
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Walgreens is a trusted wellness provider with care being at the heart of our business. From our retail stores to our distribution centers and our support center to our pharmacies, our team members have an opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
IT CAREERS OVERVIEW
Get your career to the cutting edge of healthcare. Learn more about IT careers at Walgreens.Learn More
“Our team members, which are pharmacy techs and pharmacists need our system to be able to fill prescriptions for patients. So we know we’ve done a good job when that system is working well and they can get that patient back out the door quickly.”– Suzzette, Senior Director, Information Technology: Store Systems-Pharmacy Delivery
Walgreens to implement voice-powered AI technology in storesLearn more
Paid Time Off
Plays an integral role in building a holistic view and roadmap of the Company’s technology strategy, processes, and information technology roadmap. Partners with both business and technology groups to ensure that the proposed technical solutions not only align with the Company’s overall objectives, but also ensures that both groups enable and drive each other to meet the needs of the Company’s mission and vision. Creates processes, standards, governance, portfolios, and/or innovates emerging technologies to result in achievement of overall business vision. Takes ownership of the overall enterprise architecture direction for the company, vision and defining the associated strategy in one or more domains, such as, business, data, technology, application etc. May direct staff members through direct or indirect oversight.
- Collaborates with IT Leadership to builds strategic roadmap for platforms/systems. Aligns IT strategy and planning with the Company’s business goals and objectives. Seamlessly integrates business and service strategy into enterprise architecture roadmap.
- Develops and maintains the enterprise architecture in alignment with the overall IT vision, supporting the information needs of the business and/or may manage and perform research and discovery activities, vet ideas, explore and validate emerging technologies, trends and possibilities relevant to strategic and technical direction, while supporting business innovation and playing the role of a change agent
- Partners with business and technology subject-matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into technological solutions. Partners with Solution Architects to provide a consensus based scalable and adaptable architectural solution
- Develops and maintains policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the company. Manages and/or facilitates Review Boards to evaluate project and technology proposals for architectural or technology fit.
- Facilitates the sharing of data or technical architecture best practices throughout the architecture community and the IT organization by assisting in the creation of an architecture community of practice OR provides, regularly, visibility, and communicates the R&D findings and perspectives to executive leadership to help scope business and technology long term vision.
- Facilitates the sharing of architecture best practices throughout the architecture community and the IT organization by assisting in the creation of an architecture community of practice OR provides, regularly, visibility, and communicates the R&D findings and perspectives to executive leadership to help scope business and technology long term vision.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Mentors and guides less experienced architects through onboarding, training, or development.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or an Architecture role OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of in an IT, Engineering and/or Architecture role
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in Architecture Strategy, Roadmap, and technologies
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and emerging technologies (Design patterns, frameworks, Java based solutions, cloud technologies, public cloud technologies, Microservices based solutions, mobile, infrastructure and/or data sciences)
- At least 2 years of experience in domain-specific Architecture.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones;
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users, management, and leadership in adoption of technical solutions.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors. Experience coordinating and facilitating executive management meetings.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Knowledge of project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience leading enterprise architecture frameworks such as TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework).
- Knowledge of healthcare and retail industry trends, typical solutions and strategic directions.
- Experience as an Solutions Architect at the Enterprise level.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
No saved jobs