Walgreens Pharmacy Manager - Sign On Bonus Available
4918 BARKSDALE BLVD,SUITE B,BOSSIER CITY,LA,71112-00000-21523-S
Job ID 1328742BR
Job Type: Full-time
Manages the operation of a Walgreen Pharmacy. Provides pharmacy consulting services with empathy to patients regarding the effective usage of medications, awareness with drug interactions. Offers preventive and clinical healthcare services, including immunizations, diagnostic testing, and patient outcomes services. Responsible for ensuring the proper compounding, dispensation, review, and verification of prescribed medications within regulatory guidelines, company policies and procedures. Manages and ensures the efficient workflow of the pharmacy and identifies ways to increase pharmacy financials, inventory management and enhance patient experience. Manages pharmacy staff performance and ensures team member engagement. Ensures the professional development and growth of pharmacy staff by overseeing training, coaching, and executing formal performance management initiatives.
- Engages patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves patient complaints, helps respond to patients’ special needs in a timely manner and answers questions to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and joyful patient experience, including interpersonal habits that show care (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., demonstrating curiosity to identify needs and proactively helping, servicing until satisfied, championing empathy and inclusivity, etc.).
- Monitors customer service provided by team members and offers reminders, training and encouragement. Develops plans for improvement.
- Connect with patients by anticipating needs and proactively offering services. Leads efforts on enhancing patient experience by increasing awareness on healthcare services offered through Walgreens (e.g., patient consultation, medication management, drug therapy reviews, and perform clinical, or wellness services such as immunizations, diagnostic testing, and patient outcomes services) thereby promoting the shift of the Walgreen’s pharmacy role from transactional to interpersonal.
- Participates and assists in events that reflect the unique communities we serve as requested by Healthcare Supervisor or District Manager.
- Supervises operation of pharmacy, including opening/closing/changing shifts, task delegation and scheduling team members. Ensures execution of District Manager operational feedback.
- Supervises the control of the pharmacy money including register counts, withdraws from bank, armored car pickups, safe deposits, change orders and oversees all aspects of bookkeeping including ledger, invoices, cash reports and time records.
- Supervises merchandising by planning and implementing sets and resets and revisions of basic department and end stands, display tables, and promotional space, using multiple discount pricing, signs, advertising, promotional items, seasonality, etc. Counsels' patients and answers their questions regarding usage of medicine, side effects, interactions, contraindications, patient information privacy, generics, less expensive medicines, over-the-counter products, and refers to medical provider as needed to ensure medication is taken correctly, health needs addressed, and satisfaction with service.
- Performs pharmacist tasks including compounding, drug therapy reviews, verification, and medication management.
- Reviews, interprets and accurately dispenses prescribed medications when necessitated by workload.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures. Ensures the pharmacy operates in accordance with regulations, company policies and standards. Responsible for establishing procedures that promote the efficient workflow of the pharmacy including overseeing the staff scheduling, assigning roles, coordinating activities and soliciting employee suggestions.
- Ensures the use of all elements of the Good Faith Dispensing policy in conjunction with state and federal controlled substance laws when filling prescriptions. The Product Review/Retail Fill Process Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring that elements of Good Faith are present.
- Analyzes inventory trends and supervises inventory management, including ordering, keeping stock, liquidating stock and leveraging company resources to avoid outs and overstock. Supervisors the receiving, stocking, pricing, returning and transferring of merchandise.
- Maintains current knowledge of information technology associated with pharmacy systems including workflow, prescription fulfillment, billing, clinical documentation, training, inventory management, and point of sale registers to provide support to patients as well as pharmacy staff. Seeks new and better ways to further promote productivity.
- Ensures the accurate processing of insurance claims to resolve patient issues and prevent payment rejections. Follows up with insurance companies and medical providers and conducts or participates in 3rd party audits.
- Follow-up with medical providers’ offices to clarify prescribed medications, dosages, refills, interactions and allergies to suggest alternative medications, and answer medical provider questions.
- Performs clinical and wellness services such as immunizations, diagnostic testing, disease state management and other healthcare services.
- Partners with centralized support for patient registration, exception resolution, and assists with resolving patient issues. In virtual environments, conducts virtual product review by following specific company procedures and guidelines. Ensures pharmacy grounds are clean and presentable; manages repair and maintenance; responds to emergencies.
- Changes to the layout to ensure a functioning, presentable and efficient pharmacy.
- Prepares, maintains and submits all records, reports, and other documentation as required by state and federal laws to run the pharmacy business (e.g. operating statements, performance indicator reports, supervision notes, deletions, transfers, etc.).
- Manages team member performance by assigning responsibilities, setting goals and expectations, observing performance, providing feedback, and giving recognition. Manages employee career progression.
- Monitors and ensures timely completion of required training programs, including pharmacy training programs, for all team members within the pharmacy; provides coaching for team members.
- Makes hiring, promotion, and termination decisions. Addresses issues and disciplines store team members, engages with
- Employee Relations and Human Resources as appropriate.
- Develops employee performance plans and follows up according to deadlines.
- Monitors and approves team member compensation.
- Promotes teamwork and motivates team members by establishing expectations, tracking results, showing enthusiasm, and sharing vision.
- Ensures compliance with all corporate policies, applicable employment laws, and is consistently fair in the treatment of all team members
- Communicates regularly with team members through one-on-one discussions, group meetings, soliciting input, answering questions, and ensuring communication is open between management and non-management team members.
- Maintains current knowledge and required licensing/credentialing/certification as established by federal and state regulations to provide such clinical services.
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Current pharmacist licensure in the states within the district.
- Certified Immunizer or willing to become an immunizer within 90 days of hire.
- 1 year pharmacy experience in a retail setting including prescription filling and verification, records and legal compliance, pharmacy operations, pharmacy software and technology systems and insurance.
- Experience performing prescription dispensing activities that demonstrate a strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal controlled substance laws.
About Walgreens and WBA
Walgreens www.walgreens.com is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. WBA’s purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation’s medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in communities nationwide.
The following information is applicable for San Francisco, CA applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Supervisory experience planning, organizing, and directing the work of pharmacy staff.
- An average rating of 3.7 or above on leadership behaviors on the last performance review if one is on file. (Internal candidates only)
- At least 6 months pharmacy experience with Walgreen Co.
This information is being provided to promote pay transparency and equal employment opportunities at Walgreens. The current salary range for this position is $124,384 - $171,142. The actual salary within this range that you will be offered will depend on a variety of factors including geography, skills and abilities, education, experience and other relevant factors. To review benefits, please visit jobs.walgreens.com/benefits